Wednesday, May 9, 2012

the "episode of Hoarders" room

So the other night I freaking organized my "episode of Hoarders" room.  Finally.  It took forever.  We refer to the guest room as "the episode of Hoarders room" because no kidding whatsoever, it was embarrassing.  So embarrassing in fact, that there is no possible way that I would ever post a picture of it.  Seriously you guys.  Straight up mortifying.

My house is sparkling from top to bottom pretty much, which feels great, because I've been in full on spring cleaning mode.  I can't take credit for all of it, the new cleaning lady Yvonne has been doing the hard stuff.  But it still feels awesome.  That stupid room was the bane of my existence.  I didn't even let the cleaning lady step one foot in there, because it was horrendous.  In fact, I obsessively made sure the door was closed tight when she was doing the upstairs.  I don't even know how it got so out of control!  Maybe because I could close the door and I wouldn't have to look at it.

So mostly it was all about clothes.  I have the hardest time just getting rid of clothes.  Every half year or so, I put the three younger kids outgrown clothes in tubs and put them away.  For what?  A rainy day?   I have no idea!  Clothes from the three kids at home and me and my husband (and some of Kara's outgrown stuff too!) means a ridiculous amount of outgrown clothes.  Seriously ridiculous.  I don't know why I can't just get rid of them! 

Because I know I could sell them on eBay and make a boatload of cash!  Maybe that's why.  Except actually implementing that plan has been rather daunting.  Maybe I'll just put them all out for the annual town-wide Yard Sale Day.  

Well so anyway, I was out of tubs.  So you know, instead of just going to get new tubs,  I'd kind of just pile things up on the floor.  Don't judge me!  Then, somehow, my crafty girl pile got out of control.  The guest room doubles as my crafty girl room.  Actually, the guest room triples as a crafty girl room because not only is it a guest room and crafty room, it is also a laundry folding room.  Because just plopping a pile of clean laundry on the bed when you're on your way out the door is so much easier than folding it immediately.  Right?  Works for me!

Or, maybe not.  Maybe it doesn't work for me.  Because clearly, I was loosing control, being a shitty housewife with a hidden hoarder room.  I'm so ashamed.

Well, so after the great Cleanup of 2012 (that's what I will now refer this momentous occasion as), the boys carted all of the newly filled tubs away for Yard Sale Day.  My crafty space is nice and situated, and my clean laundry is all folded and put away.  And I even got a few garbage bags full of stuff to bring to the donation bin in town.

It feels pretty great to not feel so overwhelmed with the stupid room.  And now I can let the cleaning lady in there next week to re-straighten it.  Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment