Tuesday, May 8, 2012

monday listicle - an hour

So I've been reading this new to me blog, The Good Life, and it's fun and funny.  And guess what?  That Stasha does a feature thing that is called Monday Listicles.  There are different topics every Monday where you list ten things, then link up.  Well.  You all know how much I love lists.  So I have to participate.  Because, you know, it would be a crime if I passed up an opportunity to write a list and link it to other list writers and then like, love my list so hard.  So apparently this week's topic is "an hour in your day."

10 Things Between 3:00 and 4:00 on a normal weekday...

1.  Megan walks in through the back door, home from school.

2.  I remind her to take off her shoes and put them in the mudroom with her book bag. 

3.  We chat about her day.  Her mouth goes a mile a minute because she doesn't often get uninterrupted time with just me.

4.  I drive over to the school to pick up Brooke.

5.  On the way I get a call from Alex asking me to get him too, because he is a lazy boy.

6.  Alex tries to get in the front seat, which always has a pile of stuff in it, so I have him hop in back and he grumbles about it.

7.  We come in and I remind Alex and Brooke to *take off their shoes and leave their backpacks in the mudroom.  (I actually remind them every singe day.  If I don't, without fail, one of them will traipse around inside with their shoes on, and one will throw a backpack on the kitchen floor.)

8.  Brooke asks for a snack, and tells me about her day.  Alex gets fifty applesauce cups and a pop tart and leaves his garbage everywhere til I ask him to put it in the garbage.

9.  Brooke asks Megan to play with her, Megan stalls her by saying "in a minute," or most often just an outright no.  Brooke whines.

10. Brooke asks me to play a game with her, push her on the swings, read with her, etc. So that's what I do.

That pretty much sums up an hour in my life, on any given school day.  Super exciting stuff!  WooHOO!


*I have an issue with people walking around the house in their shoes.  It freaks me out.  Its the germophobe in me.  You could be tracking animal guts and dog poop and insect eggs in to my house!!  Think about all of the things that your shoes touch out there!  And then the kids lay on the floor to watch TV or something. Touching all of those germy things.  Gross. 

3 comments:

  1. Yet another way we are alike- shoes come off before you walk through the house, or else! That goes for the husband too. And if he rolls his eyes, I smack him because I do NOT play on this issue. :) Sometimes I read posts that make me not so sad about living in an empty nest. This is one of those. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up with these kids of ours and us nagging. I really thought it was just mine but now I see we should start a support group for 'moms that are not heard...ever' . You made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list:) I treasure these moments:)

    ReplyDelete