Thursday, May 3, 2012

thursday already

Shoot, it's Thursday!  Thursday already!

Is it just me, or does time seem to go faster once summer break gets nearer?

I've been thinking about what we will do this summer.  Every summer I try to write out a bunch of things to do to keep us all occupied.  I hate when my kids tell me they are bored.  It drives me crazy.  I usually have a great solution for boredom, and it involves Pledge wipes.  Or garbage bags.  Lots and lots of garbage bags.

My kids are smart enough not to tell me they are bored now.  They just mosey around looking bored.  They'll go from like, the TV, to the fridge, to the couch... then they'll start touching each other, teasing each other...  I can't stand that.

My most often used summer phrase is, "Go outside and PLAY."  Actually, that is my most often used phrase in general.  My worst thing is seeing a kid sitting around watching TV or hanging on the computer for stupid amounts of time.  That will not be happening this summer here.

Actually though, we do have a pretty full summer.  Half of the time it seems like summer is over before it even begins!  I have to get my kids signed up for their day camps - Brooke and Megan are doing a week of dance, which should be fun.  Alex is doing an overnight soccer camp.  Then they have swim lessons and summer rec, which are half day programs.  It's pretty relaxed, the summer rec program.  I like sending them because it gives them something to do that is organized for a few hours, but also gives them plenty of time to just hang around and play or swim and enjoy their break.  And then two weeks in the Outer Banks.  I can't wait.

I've got a couple of posts to post, I just have been reveling in laziness and haven't edited anything.  I mentioned that I have to post the lowdown on our crazy cool mini-getaway to Mohonk Mountain House, I also was going to post 10 things that I suck at.  I seriously have over 120 unpublished posts in my queue thing.  I should really go through those.  ANYway, I will get on those other posts.  Who knows if they will be of interest... I just have to follow through guys.  You know?

No comments:

Post a Comment