Thursday, January 5, 2012

well? part two

So I left you with kids bouncing around in my bed at 7:45 on Christmas morning.  I have way too many photos to bombard you with in a row, so I just made a little collage or two of a bunch of pictures to give you a sneak peak of the crazy Christmas mornings at our house.  It really was a great morning.  My kids couldn't have been happier, they all got plenty of things that they were wishing for.




My kids tend to be slowpokes about opening their gifts, so we didn't finish up til almost ten.  Then Alex started breakfast.  Bacon, eggs, pancakes, french toast, hash browns, cinnamon buns... he did it all.  And breakfast is his specialty, so it was all awesome.  Megan cried because she didn't get any bacon, but other than that it was a success.  We usually invite family over to join us for an open house type of breakfast, and people drop by throughout the morning.  When everyone left, we just neatened up and played around with gifts all day.





No joke, it had to have taken over an hour to get Brooke's toys out of the packaging.  Seriously crazy.


Later on at about 4:30 or 5, we headed over to my Mom's for dinner.  It's just us and Mom since my sisters typically go to their in-laws.  My in-laws are too far away to have Christmas dinner together.  In fact, we've never had a Christmas ) or Thanksgiving) dinner with Alex's family.


Dinner was perfect.  Relaxed, easy, and oh so good.  My mom is a great cook.  A little after 7, we had to see Kara off to the train, which was really the only bad thing.  It's different with her being a grown up who has a grown up job.  She had to work Monday morning, so she pretty much had no choice.


That almost wraps up our Christmas.  Only one more post to go!  Part three is our annual trip to a mountain resort for an official Christmas with my Mom and Steve.  Stay tuned...

1 comment: