Monday, January 23, 2012

Damn it. I guess it really is time.

Well.  It's time.  When I give my husband permission (and encouragement) to go ahead and berate me, I know it's time.  When my jeans suddenly feel like they are constricting all of my guts, not unlike a boa constrictor squeezing the life out of a mouse? cat? what does a boa constrictor constrict anyway? medium sized animal,  I know it's time.


Time to quit avoiding that asshole, the gym.  I've only been avoiding it for a little while!  I swear!  I've had some lackluster workouts since Thanksgivingish.  Don't judge me!  


It's really hard!  Am I the only person who thinks its really hard?


I like food.  Yeah, I said it.  I especially and particularly like all of the food that happens around this time of year.  Minus fruitcake and minced meat pie obviously.  By the way, what is minced meat pie?  Is it really a meaty pie?  Made out of like, actual minced meat?  I don't know for definite sure if I don't like minced meat pie because I never exactly tasted it.  But who has?  It just sounds gross, so I'm already sure that I hate it.


But all of the other stuff?  Yeah, that's the stuff that I like.  Like, Christmas cookies.  And Christmas cookie dough.  And pie.  And real home made whipped cream that goes on top of pie.  And butter cream frosting.  And turkey.  And smashed potatoes.  And soft warm rolls!  And festively wrapped candy.  And my very special and favorite coffee, extra light and sweet.  And appetizers!  Oh, I  could eat dinner of just appetizers.  Yummy appetizers are a real and definite weakness.


Feeling free to just eat and enjoy eating and relaxing during the holidays and stuff - that really was good in the moment, and I'm glad that I got to enjoy all of it, I am.  The moment was good.  But now, let's face it.  The moment is over.  Now, it's time to get back on track.  Time to get my sleeping-til-8:30-am-all-warm-and-cozy ass back to Planet Fitness.  Time to get my it's-really-kind-of-freaking-cold-out-there ass back out for regular night walks.  Time to get my I've-never-exactly-been-very-bendy ass back to trying to do some dumb yoga.


Yep.  It's time.  I think I hate when it's time.


The good news is, the scale actually doesn't show a gain.  The bad news is, I think the scale is a damn liar.  Because I feel lumpy and soft.  Lumpier and softer I mean.  Yeah, lumpier and softer.  And I also feel kind of sleepy and like I need fresh air in my lungs.


So, back to the gym and the good and long brisk walks that were turning into walk/runs.  Back to paying better attention to what I'm eating and how I'm eating.  Back to focusing on being healthier.


So there you go.  It's time, and I'm back.  That just happened.  Dammit.

4 comments:

  1. I have the WORST eating habits. My sweet tooth is out of control. But I've cut back on my Diet Coke intake. And I don't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel lumpy & soft too. i think i need a nap. i can't maintain this level of softness by staying active, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, but come on--what ELSE is there to do at this time of year?!? Reading a lot of books is a good distraction!!!

    Minced meat is made from raisins and apples with a lot of citrus peel and spices (cloves, predominately). It used to have actual meat in it...a hell of a long time ago, and may or may not still contain beef suet.

    Me no likey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, at least you can wear jeans! My big butt hasn't even seen a pair of jeans in over, probably, 10 years. Do it now so you don't have my issues when you get my age. Easier said than done? Absolutely. It IS hard. And it sucks. And I hate it. But, we do what we have to do.

    I mailed you something today. Don't get excited---it's just a little something based on your last post. :)

    ReplyDelete