Monday, January 2, 2012

HNY





Well, it's officially 2012.  Did you all make any resolutions?  Last year, I tried to just have a few resolutions so that it seemed a little bit ore manageable, but man.  I did a semi-bad job.  I had three resolutions.  One was to make dinner and eat as a family more.  I guess it wasn't a total failure.  I suppose I did do it more, just not enough, or as much as I wanted to anyway.  Another was to get fit and exercise regularly.  I am proud of accomplishing this one -- I definitely got fitter, not all the way fit, but fitter, which I cannot complain about.  And I definitely exercise several times a week.  Which is something I never in my entire life did except for required gym class at school.  I always thought I hated exercise, but I actually found that I kind of like it.  I am shocked to admit that I kind of find it relaxing.  What?!  I know!!  My third and final goal was a miserable failure.  I resolved to organize all of my photographs.  Cod darn it I never did it.  Not even a little bit.  It's so overwhelming though guys!  I literally have seven years worth of pictures spread out between three computers.  That is so not OK!  I just wish I could hire someone because I feel like I will never be able to do it.  


So this year I am going to go ahead and try to get some do-able resolutions out there again.  You know, a new year always seems like the right time to do this stuff - the slate is wiped clean, fresh starts, fresh ideas, fresh attitudes.


So here goes.  I think ten good resolutions is a good and reasonable amount, don't you?


1.   Continue to walk five days a week or more.


2.   Continue to go to the gym three days a week or more.


3.   Eat healthy.


4.   Cook family dinners more regularly.


5.   Plan and organize a huge summer yard sale.


6.   Organize photos from now going backward.


7.   Go on two or three cool solo adventures.


8.   Organize basement - label tubs.  Purge stuff that isn't used.


9.   Go on family hiking and camping trips.


10. Deep clean and organize the house, room by room.  Get rid of old, broken or not used things that make clutter.


Alright, there they are.  They seem fairly boringly normal and average, as far as resolutions go, but they really are things that I want to do or accomplish this year.  There are more I guess.  Maybe I will add them later.  But for now, these are the ones I will focus on.


Hope all of you are ready for a brand new year.  Good things are ahead for everyone, and I wish you luck on achieving your goals and resolutions.

2 comments:

  1. I need to do some of the very same things! But I'm not calling them resolutions because then I wouldn't get anywhere close to doing even one of them.

    Don't wait until the kids are all moved out like I did to organize those photos. I am still working on them- all 25+ years worth! UGH!

    Did they ever send you your book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could learn a thing or two from your list. Was nodding my head the whole way through! Especially the "cook more for family" part! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete