Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I got tagged!

So I got tagged.  Pam at  The Empty Nest tagged me in this thing, so now I have to participate.  Because it's sort of list-ish, and I am pro-list.  And also because I like Pam.  And also because I have nothing else to blog about!  It's just a trifecta of good reasons!  I think I love the word trifecta.  I'm going to make an effort to insert it into more conversations.  


Anyway, The rules of this thing are:

1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you've tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ blah blah blah, you actually have to tag 11 peeps!

11 Random Things About Me:

  1. I love word games.
  2. Speaking of games, I suck at Sudoku and it drives me crazy because I want to be good at that dumb game.
  3. Every time I step foot in a hospital, I feel like it is where I belong - career-wise.
  4. I have a shoebox (more like a boot box) full of unfinished stories that will probably remain unfinished forever.
  5. I have a niece whose writing style I completely envy.  I wanna be like her.
  6. I like changing things up around the house for different holidays/seasons.
  7. Sometimes I feel like a bum because I don't have a "real" job.
  8. I don't think I have a skill to actually obtain a "real" job.
  9. I wish going on multiple yearly trips could be a real job.
  10. I have so many different style likes that I could never make it all work together in one house.  In other words, I need more houses.
  11. I think I want to flip a house.
And here are the questions that Pam wanted answers to:
  1. I am currently on a weight loss journey. What is your current journey?  My current journey.  OK.  I think I have one, and it is sort of a self-discovery journey.  That pretty much all I can say about that.
  2. Do you fear change, welcome it or do you simply not think about it?  I believe I alternately fear and welcome change.  I like to try new things, go new places and stuff.  But I do get afraid of making certain changes that might be big or hard or scary.
  3. How's your patience level?  I think I am pretty much the most patient person out there.  But then again, the most impatient.  I hate waiting for things that I want, which obviously makes me impatient.  But when it comes to kids and things that some other people may be ready to poke their own eyeball out over, I am ridiculously patient.
  4. Do you journal? Why or why not.  If you consider a blog a journal, then I journal.  I used to physically write in journals, like for years.  I quit about 20 years ago when I felt like I wasn't being honest to my own self in my writing, which is stupid.  Because why bother journaling for you if you can't even write difficult things out with honesty? 
  5. Do you have pets? If so, do you spoil them?  I do not have pets.  I always had a dog, up until my son developed allergies related to them.  I do want a pet.  And if I had one I am sure I would probably spoil it.  Reluctantly.
  6. Do you prefer a quiet night at home or a night out on the town?  Oh I so prefer a quiet night at home.  A quiet night at home is my idea of bliss.
  7. What is the last movie you saw at the theater?  The last movie that I saw at the theater was The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.  I saw it this past weekend and found it to be a great, disturbing, brutally violent movie.
  8. Do you like sports? If so, what's your favorite?  I don't dislike sports.  I like watching my kid's sports.  I like playing or participating in certain individual sports I guess.
  9. Will you watch the Super Bowl this year?  If the Giants are playing, probably a little bit, but only because I have a husband and a son who would be all over it.  And I will definitely place a few bets and eat Super Bowl food.
  10. Did your team (if you have one) make it to the playoffs? I would say yes (NY Giants). And unfortunately, I had to ask my husband because I didn't even know.
  11. What about March Madness? Will you be filling out a bracket this year?  I am very ashamed to admit this for fear of public flogging and humiliation, but I have no idea what this even means. :)

OK, so here are the questions that I am asking:

1. What is your idea of a perfect date?

2. What would you consider your specialty as far as cooking is concerned?

3. Who do you admire and why?

4. If you could go back in time and change the outcome of one event in your life, what would it be?

5. What is one regret?

6. What do you consider yourself:  a city, country or beach person?

7.  Have you ever met anyone considered famous?

8.  What are the top 5 most played songs on your iPod?

9.  What is your favorite quote?

10. What was the worst job you ever had?

11. If money were no object, what one thing would you splurge on for yourself?

OK, so I am tagging 11 people, because I am a rule follower, and that's what the rules are telling me to do.  (OK fine, I am so not a rule follower)  Anyway, sorry if   you aren't into this kind of thing.  Don't feel any pressure to participate.  ALSO, I feel that Pam should answer these questions too because its only fair.  And also because I want to hear her answers to my questions.

1.   Gabe at In the Details
2.   Sheri at Laughing my Abs Off
3.   A fellow New Yorker whose name I do not exactly know over at The Six Fingered Monkey
5.   A funny Denver blogger at It was Dark, Stormy and I Lost my Serial Comma 
6.   Karen at Ow My Angst
7.   My pal Lazarus at The LG Report
8.   Beth at A Work in Progress
9.   Amber at Airing My Dirty Laundry
10. Josh Weed at The Weed
11. Jessie at MomVantage


So there you have it.



4 comments:

  1. hey, thanks for the recognition here!
    i think you should do a post following karen's lead with the licious makeup. fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mom. I did it too. here is my version..even though you didn't even tag your own daughter. :)

    http://facadesandmasks.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?! You didn't tag your daughter? Guess what? I didn't either. oops! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just gasped in shock at you BOTH. C'mon EmptyNester! Aren't you two twins or something? You should both totally be aware that tagging your kid in your blog just to acknowledge their beautiful existance is totally necessary. :)

    ReplyDelete