Tuesday, November 1, 2011

monday monday

Well, Halloween went off without a hitch.  






Our kids had a half day at school, and after Brooke's  Halloween parade the students were released.  It was kind of nice to have them out early because then we didn't have to rush around on a school night, trying to get everyone ready for the big night.








The down side to the early dismissal is that they were dying to get out and go, like, immediately after lunch, but of course it was only early afternoon.  So I had to hold them off for a bit.






Somehow, our house seems to always be the meeting place for all of the kids, which actually makes me very happy.  Alex and a bunch of his pals left with their big pillowcases, hoping to fill them by hitting as many houses in our town as they could, even though I don't even think any of them were costumed up.  






Then Megan, my niece Brenna and a few of their friends were meeting up at our house to go trick or treating together.  They were all so cute and excited, bouncing around.  Brooke was a witch.  Black and purple.  She was all into having purple hair and black lipstick.  She actually went to school with purple hair and couldn't have been happier.  But the big girls kind of left her in the dust most of the night, which made me feel a little sad.


Ali and Ty and our friend Raina came over and we went out together.  We ended up meeting up with a bunch of my friends along the way, and it was fun to see everyone.  It wasn't nearly as cold and uncomfortable as I was expecting, a little brisk but it felt great to me.






So the night ended at my dad's house, where we have pizza and wind down.  It was almost bedtime by the time we got home and weeded through the loot, and those dirty little rug rats needed to get their teeth scrubbed, get showered and snuggled up in their PJ's.  They slept so hard, all exhausted from the day.


Funny they are already tossing around ideas for what to dress up as next year.

2 comments:

  1. I guess I need to add "Lots of free candy" on my pro list to having a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So your son is in costume every day as a lazy teen? Looks like they all had fun!

    ReplyDelete