Friday, November 4, 2011

5 minute purge

Friday's five minute brain purge, coming right up...


It's 1:19 in the afternoon and I am on the big comfy chair in my living room.  It's really quiet here and I am thinking about maybe putting on some good music.  I've been listening to a lot of covers lately of old songs that I like and I've found some pretty great ones.  I am also on a Trevor Hall kick at the moment, so I might just listen to him and be perfectly content.  But I don't mind the quiet, with no sounds except the click of the keyboard, maybe the sound of a muffled car outside somewhere, just the peaceful hum of the world.  That is what I like to hear most.  I'm in a bad mood.  I'm a pretty easy going person I think, in general.  I try to be kind, friendly, thoughtful.  I don't usually give people reason to be upset with me.  I don't like feeling like someone hasn't afforded me the same courtesy.  It mostly boils down to caring about other people's feelings.  Like sometimes, you should ask yourself, how is this going to affect someone that is supposed to matter to me?  Except, I think that's the problem though.  Sometimes you're just not even on the radar that you think you should be on.  Sometimes, someone that you think might care about your feelings just doesn't.  And wow, it's a surprise that kind of hurts a bit.  Ah, whatever.  I'll get over it.  I had such a great breakfast after the gym today.  Don't you just love a satisfying meal?  While eating, my sister Jen called and we chatted for a while, which is great because we don't get to hang out much.  I'm really glad that she called. Life can be so busy and hectic and all of a sudden it occurs to you that it's been a few weeks and you haven't heard the voice of someone that you love!  


Time's up...
Happy weekend!


<3

1 comment:

  1. Just sitting and listening and thinking can do wonders for the soul. I find myself doing this a lot. But then, I have all this time since there are no kids here anymore and that sucks. But when we need a minute or 30, it's nice to have it all to ourselves. Enjoyed the music- candy for the ears and the eyes! LOL

    ReplyDelete