Friday, November 18, 2011

some seriously impressive content

You know, I used to write funny or interesting things that my kids would say on random scraps of paper or whatever was handy (a diaper?), and then eventually transfer them to a baby book.  But I am such a slacker Mom, I kind of quit writing in Brooke's book somewhere along the lines of age 2.  Ugh.  Don't tell anyone.  AND DON'T YOU JUDGE ME.  I had a lot going on dammit.


But here's the good news!  Every so often I scribble down funny things that Brooke (and/or the other kids) will say.  And I'm about to share a few of those gems with y'all.  Whoa.  Who the heck am I right there?  I may have actually just typed in a Southern accent.  Also, I have a ton of notes filling up my notes app, and I'm in a purging mood.  So here are some recent cute/funny things.


MEGAN: Hey Brooke, do you want to watch TV with me?


BROOKE: What?  Do you want a poop mustache?


---------------------


ME:  Brooke, today is the day I am washing your Nanny (blankie).  She smells disgusting.


BROOKE:  No!  I need something to stick up my nose in case Megan poops her drawers.


---------------------


BROOKE:  Mom, are those guys boyfriend and boyfriend?


ME:  Yup.  It looks like they are.


BROOKE:  Well then how do they know who gets to be the driver?


---------------------


BROOKE:  Why does school have to be so early??  I'm freaking tired!


---------------------


MEGAN:  Ooh, Jacob is hot! (Boo.  Edward lover here.)


BROOKE:  Because he has nice abs?  You can't just like someone for their abs Meg.  You have to like them for who they are.


--------------------


BROOKE ::Stands up and shakes fists at her sister::  You stand up and fight like an ogre!

-------------------


BROOKE:  Megan likes Kevin as a boyfriend!  Well I'm going to tell him she wears her underwear over her underwear.


-------------


ALEX:  Mom, what time is Dad going to be home tonight?


BROOKE:  Well, he said by dinner time, but we all know that when Dad says dinner time, he really gets home after bed time.


-------------


BROOKE:  Next year I am going to play T-ball.  And I am going to grow hair under my armpits.

1 comment:

  1. So she's the one packed full of personality in your family. I see. Wonder where she gets it? LOL

    ReplyDelete