Friday, September 30, 2011

body hair, manscaping and just plain weirdness

I have never plucked an eyebrow in my life.  I just have never been that hairy of a person I guess.  I pretty much don't have to shave my legs more than twice a month. I guess that makes me pretty lucky.

One of my nieces was traumatized when a kid told her she had a mustache, so she's been plucking and waxing forever.  And she's only 15.  She is also model-like gorgeous, but that's beside the point.



I remember actually, when that particular niece was little and had sort of a hairy little monkey back and forehead and we all wondered if she might need to pluck/wax a little sooner in life.

I'm glad that I'm not so hairy, because besides being traumatizing (socially I guess? but also regarding the pain factor of waxing/plucking) it seems like it's really expensive and annoying as far as upkeep is concerned!

If you are a waxer, holy crap!  Those waxing procedures sure seem like they cost a ton of money.  And sheesh.  I'm pretty positive that it would be equally as traumatizing to have someone put wax on my personal private body parts.  I barely want myself glancing at my personal private body parts, you know?!

Do you know that guys wax too?  You know, like manscaping?  In the crotchal region?  I am sorry and no offense if you are into that, but that horrifies me.  I just cannot see how that look would be appealing to an adult female.  Like, a hairless guy.  Don't get me wrong, there is a fine line between sweater vest hairy and Alopecia hairless, but really?  Going all Kojak down there is kind of gross to me.

I can't believe I am delving into body hair and manscaping here, but I actually find it a little disturbing.  There is nothing wrong with a little maintenance, like you know, a teeny tiny trim-up, but a full on, balls out (excuse my language.  no, actually, go with it, it is rather fitting) hair cut?  Like baldish?  Ugh.  Why?

A while back a few of us were discussing this trend of manscaping, and my cousin mentioned that her brother was very pro-manscaping, and he actually blow dries his "area" with a hair dryer.  I was like, what??  And more importantly, why would he share that info with you??  Turns out his wife actually shared that info with her because he once burned his, hm, let's say really sensitive body parts with the hairdryer, and she thought it was a really funny story. 

Who does that??!

Am I missing something?

3 comments:

  1. When I've had my upper lip waxed, I look like the mayor of Herpesville. I took over the spot of Lindsay Lohan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent you an email on the matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're missing something then you're not alone because I'm missing it too. LOL

    ReplyDelete