Thursday, September 22, 2011

what a wednesday

I was thinking that once the kids went back to school, I would have some time to lounge around and do nothing. 

So far so bad, Cod damn it.

I don't think there has been one day that I have lounged around and done nothing.

I really used to like lounging around and doing nothing, however, I did feel pretty lazy and like things weren't getting done.

So here is my day yesterday:

8ish:  Up and out of bed, begrudgingly.  Help Brooke along with wrapping up breakfast, getting dressed, teeth and hair brushed and backpack packed.

845:  Dropped Brooke off at school and drive to the gym

920-10:20: Gym

11ish: Home to shower, grab a quick Fiber One bar for breakfast

12ish: Pick up my mom from PT and run her home

100: Stop at grocery store for dinner stuff

130: Start a nice crock pot chicken soup

2ish: Neaten up messy house, laundry, dishes, playroom, pull out fall decorations

245:  Talk Megan through a rough day

315: Go pick Brooke up from school

330-5: Run home to pack snacks, potty break, listen to girls cry, whine and complain about going to Alex's soccer game.   Leave for soccer game, get lost, drive aimlessly for an hour, give up.

5ish:  Stop for fast food because girls are whining and hungry

600-730: Home, help with homework, sit down briefly & go online, serve up bowls of ice cream for dessert

730-8: Kids bedtime routine - shower, brush teeth, read Junie B Jones, fold laundry

815:  Make a grilled cheese sandwich, sit down and watch TV with a bowl of awesome chicken orzo soup and that yummy grilled cheese sandwich

845: Alex rolls in, half watches a little TV while gazing lovingly at his iPad, eats a grilled cheese and soup

945: Alex rolls out to pick up Alex from soccer bus

10ish: Hop in the tub for some relaxing.  Enjoy the tub time probably a little more than I should and stay in there for a really long time 

12ish: fall asleep

Yeah.  So anyway, that's been kind of the norm these days.  Where is the slot for a hot cup of hazelnut coffee and reading blogs on the comfy red chair, you ask?  There isn't one.

Today, it's raining so I didn't take a walk.  I decided, screw it, I am going to make a cup of coffee and sit on the red chair and read blogs and shop online because why not?    But guess what bad thing happened guys?  I went ahead and made a cup of coffee, the first one I have had in months!  And I had gotten this fat free vanilla creamer because they didn't have fat free hazelnut, and it sucked!  Sucked I tell you!  Vanilla creamer is nothing like hazelnut.  And fat free is nothing like not fat free.

I am not going to drink a sucky cup of coffee.  So I dumped it.

So here I sit, coffeeless.  But still reading and writing and lounging.  I'm going to say it's still a win.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I miss having the lovelies little and at home. And then, other times, I read a blog post like this one and think- Maybe an empty nest is not all that bad after all. LOL

    Hope you enjoyed the sitting and reading even if the coffee sucked!

    ReplyDelete