Monday, September 12, 2011

Laundry hurts my feelings

You guys, I have a problem.  It's serious.  And I am not even kidding here.

Really, it's not about laundry.  Laundry doesn't hurt my feelings.  I actually kind of like laundry.  It's sort of relaxing to me, the never-endingness of it all. 

Laundry hurts someone else's feelings.  Another blogger's feelings.  A new blog that I just started reading.  If you want, check it out here, because I'm kind of enjoying it.

That's the serious problem.

There comes a point in blogging when you have to recognize that you are dangerously close to tipping the scales to spending an unhealthy amount of time on the internet.

I can't click away.  Is there a blogaholic syndrome thing?  Has it been documented?  Because I seriously get so caught up reading blogs that I like, then clicking links to other blogs that I see on their blogs, then of course following those blogs because they are just as good a read as everything else.  Then like, hours and hours have passed, and I am am chuckling by myself in my red chair reading about other people's lives and wtf.  The laundry hasn't even gotten started!  How can this be?

There really aren't enough hours in the day to read all of these awesome blogs on a regular basis!!  I tried weeding my list.  I keep some of them for reasons other than their absolute greatness.  Like one blog that I follow that hasn't actually updated in like a year had the best buttercream frosting recipe that I ever tasted.  I need to keep that one.  And one blog that has a couple of cool crafty things that I want to try even though the rest of the blog isn't probably my favorite, and another is a great organizer and I envy great organizers and even though I am not as organized as she is, I want to be.  I need to keep that one too.

Is it just me??  Tell me I am not the only freak out there who gets too wrapped up in this whole blogging thing.  How do you do it?  Do you limit your time?  Do you have a mental rule to not click on any other blogs? 

Help.

4 comments:

  1. This is why I don't Twitter. I spend too much time online as it is. I don't need another Internet time suck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are NOT alone, types the woman who is in her 4th hour reading blogs just today. Oh geez. I need help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have basically stopped commenting on people's blogs. That gave me the time to read things that I love. It might be kind of rude but hey, I don't expect comments on my blog either, so it's fair play. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!!!! My google alert just notified me that somebody in blog land was talking about me! Thanks so much! I sure appreciate the shout out! And now, since I've used up my exclamation point quota for the day, I'll just say that yes, I have the same ding-dang problem.

    There are actually times I find a new blog that I love and groan a little bit, knowing that this new blog will only feed my addiction even more and my kids and house and husband will be even that much more neglected.

    You think you've got it bad? I'm sick as in, can't get out of the bed sick but I thought to myself, Well you might have a raging fever which could possibly be that Contagion virus, but at least you get to read blogs without feeling guilty.

    Thanks so much, again, for the wonderful shout out. I sure appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete