Wednesday, September 14, 2011

a little bit about apple picking

One great thing about living in the country in upstate NY is the easy access to local farm fresh food.

On a recent gorgeous day before the end of summer vacation, the girls and I went to a nearby farm to do some apple picking.  I am particular about the apples that I will eat, and I cannot resist fresh, picked right off the tree Macs.  I usually hit the farm stand every week or so this time of year for fresh fruit or cider, but actually going into the orchard and filling a bag yourself is a fun way to spend some time in the sun with your kids.





We also found some ripe juicy peaches, and ended up filling a big bag to take home.

.


After a nice home made apple crisp and a few days of school lunches, I am already needing to go back!

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure it's not a WANT instead of a NEED? LOL I sure wouldn't mind going myself. But I guess that's quite a drive for some apples.

    ReplyDelete