Friday, September 16, 2011

That traditional back to school post.

So you know, my kids went back to school the other day.  WOOHOO!  Wait.  That may have sounded a snitch on the overexcited side.  Of course I am not overly excited that my kids went back to school.  Of course not.  Anyway, they went a bit later than most everyone out there because there were extenuating circumstances do to that old betch Irene.  As in Hurricane Irene.  Actually, there were not really extenuating circumstances in my town, it's just that our county legislator is dumb.  So anyway, most kids have already been back to school for a few weeks, so this obligatory back to school post might be a little anti-climactic.  Sorry about that.

Also, I had a huge, mother faux paux and messed up bad.

I did!  It's like the worst thing ever and I am sad.

In this picture Alex is all like, "OMG Mom, really?  I am a ninth grader now.  Don't even post this on facebook!"  and I was all like, "Zip is buster.  Just smile for one second!" 

You know how like, you have your kid stand at the front door with their little back to school outfit on and their little backpack all filled with the $125 worth of supplies that they are required to bring to school, holding their cute little lunch pails with their cute little clean hands, smiling that cute little I am going back to school! smile?  You know how while they are standing there you might force them take a picture, like every single year for every single grade for like, ever?

Guess who missed a kid?

Me.  That's right.  Mother of the year.

And just take a guess which kid got overlooked?  Of course, the one that everyone thinks gets the shaft half the time anyway.  Because, why wouldn't it be that one? 

Well, it isn't the worst most terrible offense ever because thankfully I got a group shot including poor cute little Megan.  But no individual.  Can you believe that??  How am I supposed to go ahead with the school year as if nothing is amiss without her individual first day of 5th grade picture in existence?  I am going to recreate it, that's what I am going to do.  Because really, who will know the difference?  I will call it a first week of school picture.  Because I can.  You're not the boss of me!



ANYway, day one went off without a hitch after the photography debacle.  Alex started high school this year, ninth grade and fourteen years old, omg.  Megan started middle school, fifth grade and 10 years old.  And little Miss Brookie made her way to first grade, just newly six years old.

I actually have one kid in each school here.  Thankfully the schools are all next to each other because I would be driving all over the damn place if not.

Three things of note that I should share with you.  One: Alex started his first year of JV soccer, and his first game was on Tuesday.  Guess who scored a goal??  That's right.  My boy did.  And they won against one of the toughest teams in their division!  Two: Brooke asked me who the hell was that? at the gas station the other day.  Shocking!  My only question is, where the hell do you suppose she picked that up?  Not from me!  Three:  Oh crap, I seriously had a three and it was about the girl who always gets the shaft, and I lost my train of thought.  I can't remember three! 

If I remember I will be sure to post it.

2 comments:

  1. Good Lord girl you are truly a HOOT! Your kids are going to be the most well adjusted kids EVER! Really. They will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Cute kids. That little one is gonna break plenty of hearts!

    ReplyDelete