Friday, September 2, 2011

cryptically snotty and guilty at the same time



I'm feeling all passive aggressive today.

Like I am pissed at someone, but instead of just saying, you piss me off asshole, I might just cryptically write stuff in this post that will make people wonder if it's them that I am mad at.

That's fairly immature of me, isn't it?  Well, I don't actually care that much.  Because clearly I am cranky.

The weekend is just beginning, and it's a holiday weekend to boot.  Should be a nice, relaxing couple of days.  We're heading to Cooperstown tomorrow morning to hang with my sisters and their families.  My mom has a house on the lake there, and we typically just sit on the deck for hours, drinking coffee, watching the kids in the water, playing bananagrams.  Maybe we'll throw a few turns around the lake in, water skiing, wake boarding, tubing.  And of course we eat our faces off, because obviously.  Good stuff. 

Definitely my idea of relaxing.

Except, I'm feeling a little guilty.  Like, this might sound weird but a few days ago I mentioned that our town didn't suffer too much with the big hurricane.  Well, we're going to be driving through one of the hardest hit areas in the state and I feel almost like we shouldn't be going off enjoying a holiday weekend at my mom's summer house when so many people seriously just lost their house.  Their only house, and their things and their pets and just, everything.  I feel guilty.  I can't help it.

Before we go tomorrow, I think I'll drop off a bunch of donations at one of the donation spots.  These people need everything.  And I have too much of everything.  I am not even kidding.  I have two nice dining room table sets in storage, I have two nice couches in storage, I have a couple of bed frames in storage, a couple of dressers, I have spare everything you'd need in your kitchen in storage, I have clothes.  Ridiculous amounts of clothes for adults and kids in all sizes.  Coats, boots, shoes.  It's embarrassing actually, how much that I have that I could give.

So, I'll give.

That's my plan.  And when I get back next week, I'll see what I can do to physically help too, because I feel like I haven't done anything, and all of these people, my neighbors, are in serious need.

So I bet you're wondering where the cryptic snotty messages are.  Well, I just realized that I haven't snuck any in yet!

I guess after talking about serious sad stuff, I have no business being bitchy, do I?

All I will say is this: one thing that I just cannot stand is people who lack common courtesy.  Common courtesy is a good thing guys.  We all appreciate it I think.  And being courteous is so easy, really.  It doesn't take anything out of you to care about someone else's feelings.  If you are unsure of the actual meaning of courtesy, I'll explain it to you, because I am very nice.  And courteous. 

Generally speaking, being courteous means being gracious, nice, polite, considerate and showing regard for others.  So basically, the opposite of  being courteous is being rude.  Asshole.

Well that wasn't very cryptic was it?

Hmph.

5 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean about the guilt. I was stressed this weekend that we wouldn't get the townhome we really loved. Which is our SECOND home. We are going to rent out our condo, but still. The people who are selling it both lost their jobs. Such a first world problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you were very courteous and kind when you emailed me the other day! (Thank you for that, by the way.) I'm sorry if there is a specific situation/person/reason that is causing you to feel frustrated.

    Good for you for doing things to help others in your neighborhood/town/county/state/etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very nice of you Jessee. And I'm glad you aren't talking about me because I haven't been around you to be rude in a long time. Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally use my blog to process my passive aggressive tendencies. It makes me happy and makes me all evil and stuff. Bwah ha haaa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You crack me up all the time! I love reading your posts! What a riot you are! We LOVE Bananagrams here! And Farkle! And Pictionary...and...well, you get what I mean. LOL

    I know it's hard to see others suffering but I'm sure you will be a bright spot in someone's day with all your donations and help!

    ReplyDelete