Tuesday, May 3, 2011

App Happy and Oh Em Gee we found her!

First, before I get into App Happy, I have to tell you guys the great news!!  We (actually, I) found Nanny!  Yes, yes we (I) did!  It was a very exciting moment.  In fact, I am positive I muttered to myself, Oh my God I found her!  with a lot of excitement.

Guess where she was hiding?  In the basement.  In a bin.  On a shelf.  Mashed up with a ridiculous amount of dollhouse toys.  I think possibly Nanny wouldn't have seen the light of day for a long time.  The only reason I happened to be going through that bin was because I was clearing crap toys out of the playroom for a yard sale purge.

Brooke was seriously so happy.  She actually danced with Nanny and threw her in the air a lot with straight up joy.  And we put Fake Nanny away in case we ever have such a scare again.  So, to all of you guys who were cheering us on in finding her, thank you.  For reals.  Because Nanny is seriously important, and I am pretty positive your good vibes helped lead me right to her.

That and an overwhelming desire to freaking clear the playroom out. 

So anyway, I am aware that I am a Hero.  Thank you, thank you.  I will give my humble Hero speech later.

Now, on to what this post was originally about:  Apps. 

You know, I have never had an App.  I have seen apps, but my Blackberry was sucky at apps. I mentioned my BIL Ty's gun app, and his flashlight app and his Disney app - those apps are the ones that got me interested.

So since I got the new iPhone (did I mention that I actually pulled the trigger and got it?), I've been finding these cool Apps and seriously guys.  The are so cool.  I'm not even kidding.

Yesterday, I was in the grocery store, and I used my shopping list app for the first time.  It's called Grocery IQ.  It lets you actually scan the bar codes of the things you buy, and it organizes your lists and stuff.  It's way cool, and so much more simple than I ever would have thought.  And I love organizing, and I love lists (and I love lamp), so it couldn't be more perfect.

Then this morning, I was walking on the track and I used my heart rate monitor app.  It's appropriately called Heart Rate.  What's so cool about it is that it really reads your heart rate!  All you have to do is put your finger over the camera and it does its thing and measures.  How cool is that?  That way, I know if I need to step it up a little bit to get a more effective work out.

Of course I downloaded a flashlight app, because my development has no street lights, and the other night I was walking and almost fell on my face because I tripped over something that I couldn't see in the dark (or maybe I tripped because I was walking while looking at my iPod and I am somewhat spazzy and can't do two things at once, but whatever).   Anyway, it really works!  It's like a real live flashlight!

So I know it's only the tip of the iceberg, but I've been excited about apps and finding cool ones that pertain to the things that I do.  Of course I've downloaded a great weather app and Pandora, Fandango and Scrabble.  I also downloaded a flashcard app to help quiz my girls on their math facts.  And my friend Erin just turned me on to this super cool app, Soundhound, that lets you figure out the name of a song by humming it or singing a bar or two of the lyrics.  Cool!

Anyway, yes, I am App Happy.  =)  If you guys have any awesome apps you want to share, I'm all ears!

7 comments:

  1. My phone (Android) is now busy downloading Grocery IQ! Thanks! And congratulations on achieving hero status!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am App lame-o. The only one I ever use is "Ask the Hoff." No joke. It's like a Magic 8 Ball with The Hoff giving advice. It's Hoffsome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you found nanny. . . You are a hero!

    Still holding out on the iphone. . .mostly because i know i would be app happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it funny how we can lose things in our own house? I bet that's what got all those stories of gremlins started.

    iphone sounds even better than sliced bread. Or a Swiss knife. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE my iPhone - I have tons of apps, and Violet has her own set of apps for when I really need something to occupy her (like waiting at a restaurant, traffic jams, etc). I love BingMusic - it is the top 100 songs of each year from 2010 to 1947 ... I have a lot of fun listening to them!I also like Shazam - it lets you record a song that is playing on the radio and it tells you what song it is and links to where you can buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you found Nanny! Yay!

    ReplyDelete