Sunday, February 14, 2016

valentine-ish and love-ish stuff, ew gross

In honor of Valentine's Day, I decided to write a list of some of the reasons that I am lucky/grateful/happy to have my husband. 




1.  He always sits in the middle so I can sit on the edge.

2.  He does any chore - not just the "guy" chores.  He'll do laundry or dishes or whatever needs doing.  He loses his shit a little bit at the grocery store, but he's getting better at it and he'll go if I ask him to.

3.  He carries my bags.  All of them.  Always.

4.  He defers to my TV and movie choices, even if they're girly.

5.  He never yells (at me or in general) or calls me names, and he won't fight with me.

6.  He gets the kids up in the morning and brings them to school.

7.  He works really hard every day.

8.  He's affectionate and loving, and always tells me I look nice.

9.  He accepts me as I am - wrinkles, weight, scraggly hair, random cranky mood, whatever... he never ever says anything that makes me feel bad about myself.

10.  He never tries to control me. He knows when I need space, and he gives it to me.

11.  He brings me fresh flowers every few weeks, for no reason.

12.  If he asks me, "What's for dinner?" and I say, "Take out?"  He always answers, "That's exactly what I was thinking!"

13.  He makes me tea, and he knows just how I like it.

14.  He never gives me a hard time about spending money, he's not all tight with a buck. He doesn't care what I buy.

15.  He's really smart.  He can fix pretty much anything.  And if he can't, it bugs him, so he'll figure it out and he'll do it right.

16.  He is really close friends with my sisters and their husbands, and we always have a good time when we are all together, no matter what we do.

17. If I cry, he tries to make me feel better.

18.  He gives (and sometimes makes) super thoughtful gifts.

19.  He makes the best grilled cheese.

20.  He always gives me the last bite.

21.  Even though he is super busy at work, he always tries really hard to make it to the kids events and things.  He's a really good dad.

22. He always cleans up the vomit - all of it - kids, mine, dog... he's the best vomit cleaner-upper I know.

23. He's not the type to check out other women in my presence.  He's really respectful.

24. He leaves me little notes with stick figure guys on them.

25. He makes me laugh, pretty much every day. He's a funny guy.

I think one of the best things about Alex though, is that he tries to understand me, and that's really important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment