I've learned that:
1. Travel is always worth it. Invest in experiences, not things. Experiences are infinitely more valuable than "stuff."
2. People will make time for you if you are important to them. And they won't if you're not.
3. The grass isn't always greener. Appreciate what you have.
4. Be kind, be generous, be thoughtful.
5. Some things just aren't meant to be. The sooner you accept that and move on, the better.
6. It's not really your business what other people think of you, unless they make it so.
7. There are no "grown-ups."
8. Be present. Actually living life is way more important than documenting it.
9. Life is too short to waste time with people that aren't nice to you.
10. It's really easy to become unorganized.
11. Your kids grow up way too fast.
12. You really will get wrinkles if you don't wear sunscreen. Probably skin cancer too.
13. Write down funny things your kids say and do or you will forget them!
14. Plenty of guys appreciate a curvy girl, don't apologize for your curves.
15. Envy is a huge waste of time and energy.
16. Authenticity is everything. Always be genuine.
17. There is only so much time... do what you love.
18. If it isn't beautiful, useful or something that gives you joy, get rid of it.
19. Nobody really needs 47 different black shirts cluttering up their closet.
20. Yoga pants really are pretty great.
21. Treat other people the way you expect them to treat you.
22. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what it's really like to walk in their shoes.
23. You are good enough.
24. A diet doesn't have to start on a Monday. Or in the morning.
25. Things change... your feelings, your thoughts, your friends - and it's okay.
26. Consume less, create more.
27. Trust yourself, follow your intuition. If something doesn't feel right, don't do it.
28. It's good to apologize when you are wrong.
29. Don't ask the question if you really aren't prepared to hear the answer.
30. Some people just weren't meant to wear high heels. Or short skirts.
31. Play with your kids before they don't want to play with you anymore.
32. You can get over sadness even if you think you can't, you're stronger than you know.
33. Napping is underrated. Does that make me sound old?
34. Read the book before you watch the movie.
35. Daylight savings time is stupid.
36. It's okay to travel alone, see a movie alone, go out to eat alone. Try it! Having time alone is healthy.
37. Nobody is really "normal."
38. Someone out there has it worse than you do.
39. My happiness is not your responsibility, and your happiness is not my responsibility.
40. Be brave. Try new things, have adventures!
41. It takes more energy to be hateful than to be kind.
42. It's ok to let your kids fail. Always saving the day isn't doing them any favors.
43. It's nice to be taken care of once in a while, or a lot.
44. Being on time shows other people that you care about and value their time.
45. Be honest, or be quiet.
and last but certainly not least,
46. It's better to be weird than fake.