Thursday, March 14, 2013

the last word, v10

People Magazine has this feature thing on the last page of their magazine.  On the last page, they have a feature called the last word (so clever!) where a celebrity answers a few questions on the last things they've done.  So even though I'm not a celebrity or anything (wait. what?!), I'm going to go ahead and answer the questions.  Because, why not?

The last concert I went to was Morrissey, a few months ago.  I am a huge fan, and it was the first time I had seen him in concert - up close and personal.  I definitely could see the sweat on his brow and he changed his shirt several times.  It was a good night, and being surrounded by hipsters made me feel a little bit cool.

The last gift I gave was unfortunately not all that thoughtful.  My nieces Bridgett and Brenna both had their birthdays a few weeks ago, and I was kind of a slacker on actually purchasing a physical gift.  So they got cash, which they certainly didn't seem too offended over.

The last reality show I watched was The Bachelor finale Monday night, with that cutie Sean Lowe.  No wait!  Survivor last night, which was freaking crazy with psycho Brandon.  It was definitely the most dramatic episode ever!

The last thing I cooked was Kabocha squash, steamed lemon broccoli and asparagus, and quinoa.  That was my dinner tonight and it was awesome.  I honest to God seriously considered licking my plate.

My last grooming experience was a pedicure.  I got one a few weeks ago.  What stinks is, it still looks good, like not chipped nail polish or anything, except one of my nails broke!  So I guess I have to go for a re-do.  Which isn't the worst thing in the world.

The last time I got angry was in Florida.  We were supposed to meet up with my sisters to go to dinner, and my jerk sister Ali so rudely didn't wait for us, so we got far behind them in the boat line.  She's very cut-throat about her place in line at Disney.  Ugh, I was seriously annoyed.  That was last month.  I don't get mad that often.  Maybe I was cranky.

The last time I stayed up late was probably last night, or the night before, or the night before.  I stay up late pretty much every night.  Often times tip 1:30 or 2:00 am.  I like the quiet dark.

The last thing I splurged on was probably airplane tickets.  We often drive to Florida because Ali is scared to fly, but this year we decided to fly because the drive just seemed so daunting.  So you know, five tickets was kind of a splurge.  But whatever, it was so worth it when I was home relaxing before my sister even made it out of Georgia.

The last purchase I made was so very exciting.  This morning I bought heartworm medicine for my dog, because I am a good and conscientious pet owner.  It was preventative medicine, she does not have heartworm.  

The last time I went out to dinner was, once again, in Florida, about three weeks ago.  I went out to breakfast, lunch and dinner every day I was in Florida actually, which is exactly why I gained a few pounds while I was there.  Not good.  Well, apparently the food was very good, but the gaining part really sucks.


4 comments:

  1. I'm a proud Sean Lowe fan. Met him in person and he's even better looking then on tv. I'm still pushing for gay Bachelor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this! Looks like fun- mind if I steal...um, borrow, the idea for a weekend post. I'll include credit to you and a link! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, your dinner made my stomach growl. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete