Friday, March 1, 2013

friday five minute purge

I'm hosting a blog hop!  I'm a blog hop hoster! I hope you'll humor me and link up so I don't look like a dumbass to the whole entire Blogiverse.  If you're new to this blog or missed the heads up, it's pretty simple and straightforward - you write a post on Friday - just 5 minutes or so.  It could be a wrap up of your week, it could be a miscellaneous ramble, a to-do list, a grocery list... anything really.  Maybe even be a weekly topic if people seem interested.  Then, you link up at the bottom of this post, and that's it!  Well, of course it would be nice if you read any other links and commented, but still, simple stuff right?  It's also a nice way to meet and connect with other bloggers out there, apparently.  So come on guys... in the famous words of the Nike advertisers, just do it!  I even made an official button!  Because I am so official and stuff.  Feel free  to share it anywhere on your blog.
blog hop button photo bloghop1.jpg

It's that day again... Friday.  The day when I feel the least pressure to write something relatable and witty and coherent.  Nobody is pressuring me but me of course, but I can't help it.  I have it in my head that I need to post Monday through Friday at least, like a regular job or something, but it just doesn't always work out that way.  Sometimes I just have nothing to say.  

It's not quite noon yet, and I have some things to do.  Like shower.  That's first on the agenda after this super exciting writing.  Hey, that rhymed.   Is it just me, or do you get a little weird thrill when you accidentally rhyme something?  Yeah, I'm thinking it's probably just me.  

Also, I have to take my furball dog to the groomers.  I should probably learn how to groom her myself, but ugh.  The nail cutting makes me want to vomit.  I'm not sure what my issue with that is.  I actually have an issue with filing my nails.  Like, almost a phobia.  Whenever I get a pedicure, I feel like I'm going to throw up during the filing.  It's way better than a manicure though, which gets me so nauseous, I have to think happy thoughts till the filing part is over.  I have to really be in dire need of a manicure for that very reason.   Maybe it's the sound... I have a similar reaction to the sound of my teeth being drilled.  Ugh.

Seriously I just made my own stomach flop thinking about that.

I am so anti-dentist.  I mean, of course I go, but it mentally stresses me out.  All of my kids have great teeth except for Brooke, thankfully.  The big kids really only have to go for their regular cleanings, but Brooke and the dentist and his assistant are on a first name basis.  Besides the braces stuff, she's just had so much done for a kid her age... like fillings and extra teeth being pulled and stuff.  She is such a good sport in the chair, never cries during Novocaine or anything.  My tough kiddo.

When she had to have a few teeth pulled, I almost wasn't going to go.  Just thinking about it made me nauseous.  I seriously considered sending Alex instead, but then I sucked it up because, aww.  What if she needed me.  I stood in the doorway, like, as far out of range as possible, but I still felt sick.

I need to get over that.  Irrational fears are so lame.  They really keep you from things, you know?  And it really is just all in your head.

Time's up!  Happy Friday guys!  Don't forget to link up!


6 comments:

  1. Isnt it funny how certain things make us wanna vomit!! And they arent GI related AT ALL!! Thanks for the hop.. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?? I never used to be so squeamish! Thank you for stopping by, hope to see you next Friday! :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh, you've reminded me of something interesting that happened in school this week, so I'm going to go back and edit my post now! Thanks for hsoting the Friday 5, it's fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by! I saw your edited post, LOL - that was funny. Hope to see you Friday! :)

      Delete
  3. It's not just you on the rhyming thing. It's me too. Though I'm not sure you can take much comfort in that. LOL I have started grooming Tucker but I am scared to do his nails- I'm afraid I'll cut too short and cause him pain. That whole teeth pulling thing only bothers me with some people. See? I'm way weirder than you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I am such a wordie weirdo. I love that you and I have so many funny things in common. :) There aren't too many people out there that I can relate to as much as you! Ugh, I have never clipped a dog nail and I am pretty sure I couldn't do it... my poor pup can't count on me for that.

      Delete