Ten things that I am proud of:
Though I know my kids aren't "things" exactly, I can't help but putting them on the top of the list because they each make me proud, every day. Maybe I should say it to them more often!They are each individuals, but I feel a great sense of pride because I believe that as their mom, I help(ed) them be the good people that they are. I'm very proud of (1) Kara for continuing to pursue her dreams of being a city girl, and working to make singing and acting a part of her life, even though it's hard and draining and disheartening sometimes. I'm proud of (2) Alex for being such a good young man. He really is such a joy - a kind, witty, thoughtful, respectful boy - often times surprising me with what a decent kid he is. I'm so proud of (3) Megan for all of the hard work she does in school - she is really committed to getting good grades, and she loves reading and learning. She's just so smart and intuitive. And I'm proud of (4) Brooke for being a genuinely nice and caring person. She is such a sensitive soul, such a good, thoughtful, fun, funny friend.
(5) I'm proud of Alex for working so hard and being such a success for such a young attorney, and also for dealing with being an actual honest (small time) politician during a tough time. It's a pretty thankless job most of the time, but he just won't ever give up on our community.
(6) I'm proud of a business that I started up and ran for several years. It makes me happy that even though I sold it a few years ago, it is still thriving in this little community. Sometimes I really miss it.
(7) I'm proud of finishing college when I was young and broke, and going it alone as a mom to my girl Kara.
(8) I'm proud of continuing the effort to be stronger and healthier.
(9) I'm proud of my home - we designed and built it, and I really like the way it all came together. Although I have to admit that I am seriously considering selling and building another...
And lastly, (10) I am proud of sticking with this dumb cleanse that I am on right now, and not cheating. It's hard but not hard, you know? I have another almost two weeks to go and I really hope I can finish strong!