This week's list is 10 ways that my partner is awesome. So, that's not too hard at all.
So here we go:
1. He leaves me notes with stick figure drawings on them, pretty much every day.
2. He always cleans up the vomit - all of it - kids, mine, dog... he's the best vomit cleaner-upper I know.
3. He does any chore - not just the "guy" chores. He'll do laundry or dishes or whatever needs doing. He panics at the grocery store, but he'll still go if I ask him to.
4. He carries my bags. All of them. Always.
5. He defers to my TV and movie choices, even if they're girly.
6. He never yells (at me or in general) or calls me names, and he won't fight with me.
7. He gets up with the kids in the morning to make breakfast and lunches so I can sleep in a little.
8. He works really hard every day. He's affectionate and loving, and he doesn't snore.
9. He accepts me as I am - wrinkles, weight, crappy pink haircut, random cranky mood, whatever... he never ever says anything that makes me feel bad about myself.
10. He never tries to control me. He knows when I need space, and he gives it to me.
OK, I am not done. There are way more. I have to add a bonus five. Sorry if you are all sick of reading how awesome Alex is.
11. He makes me laugh, pretty much every day. He's a funny guy.
12. If he asks me, "What's for dinner?" and I say, "Take out?" He always answers, "That's exactly what I was thinking!"
13. He's not a bar-hopper or big drinker, and he's not the type to ogle other women in my presence. He's really respectful.
14. He never gives me a hard time about spending money, he's not all tight with a buck.
15. He's really smart. He can fix pretty much anything. And if he can't, it bugs him, so he'll figure it out and he'll do it right.
I think one of the best things about Alex though, is that he tries to understand me, and that's really important to me.