So the Monday Listicle topic this week is 10 songs. Well. I was kind of hemming and hawing, not sure of how to approach the ten songs thing because you know, I listen to music a ton, like every day. And I really like all kinds of music. So what 10 songs? What kind of songs? Randoms? Faves? Cheesy? 80's?
Then I was thinking about how everyone in my life makes fun of the weird tunes that I like, until they are forced to listen to them a few times. Then they decide that the tunes are in fact, rather cool. Have to admit that it gets me smirking when I see my 7 year-old singing along to an obscure tune called, "Love your Shoes," by Furniture.
Either way, it's still hard to pick, because a large majority of the tunes that I find myself listening to would probably be considered weird by your average top 40 listeners. So here's a little smattering. Sorry if any of them have ads or aren't official videos.
10 WEIRD TUNES THAT I LIKE
1. Love Your Shoes by Furniture
2. Dirty Paws by Of Monsters and Men
3. I Don't Believe You by The Magnetic Fields
4. Lonely, Lonely by Feist
5. Slow Show by The National
6. Swim Until You Can't See Land by Frightened Rabbit
7. Everything in its Right Place by Radiohead
8. Video Games by Lana Del Rey
9. Lippy Kids by Elbow
10. Atmosphere by Joy Division