Friday, September 14, 2012

friday five

It's Friday!  I'm not sure if I should be excited or not.

It's a little after 1:00 and I've been working on some stuff.  Writing.  Going a little bit out of my comfort zone, and working on a different style.  I don't hate it.  I wish I could put music to it actually.

I'm a little out of sorts today.  I need to figure out a way to get myself cheerier, need to figure out a way to not let things get to me.  It's hard sometimes.  

This song called "Love, Love, Love," was just playing, by Of Monsters and Men and I love these lyrics.  Sometimes I am so distracted listening to the words of a good song, I forget what I was even doing.  This part is really visual, it's like a painting.  Does that sound weird?  


     these fingertips
     will never run through your skin
     and those bright blue eyes
     can only meet mine
     across a crowded room 
     filled with people 
     less important than you

I wish I could paint.  I want to paint a picture of those words.

I guess I don't have much going on this weekend, which makes me happy.  I quite enjoy a rare weekend with nothing on the calendar.  It feels good.  I do have a few little excursions to plan this weekend - airplane tickets to get booked.  In mid-October, I'm hopefully going to California for a few days with my sister, and then heading to South Carolina for a wedding towards the end of that month.  Hoping to make it out to Denver for another wedding around the New Year, which should be great.  Then, who knows where I'll go?  Any suggestions?  For my next big solo trip, I'm thinking Seattle.   

Time's up!  Happy weekend guys!

1 comment:

  1. Fly by comment - I wanted to let you know that I have finally found my way back to blogging although I have a new "home." Would love it if you would come visit me. http://www.masterpiece-beth.com/2012/09/17/a-moment-of-absolute-clarity

    ReplyDelete