Thursday, April 19, 2012

one last word, v4

People Magazine has this new feature thing on the last page of their magazine.  On the last page, they have a new feature called the last word (so clever!) where a celebrity answers a few questions on the last things they've done.

So even though I'm not a celebrity or anything, I'm going to go ahead and answer the questions.  Because, why not?

1. The last book that I loved.  I am going to have to go with The Hunger Games trilogy.  I don't find much time to read an actual book for some reason these days, so when I find myself staying up til 3 am propping my eyelids open with a fork to see what happens next, I know I love it.

2. The last time that I lost my cell phone.  Oddly enough, I don't think that I have ever really lost a cell phone.  Usually, I think I've lost it and I am frantically searching for it while it is in my hand.  I think that means I am prematurely senile.

3. The last time that I indulged.  Um.  I'm going to have to say this past weekend, when I was at an all inclusive resort.  So you know, all of that amazing food and it feels like it is totally free. Also, places like that make me tend to feel like I will never see a Belgian waffle again in my lifetime so in my brain it's really easy to justify eating 39 of them.  In one sitting.

4. The last reality show that I watched.  Last night I watched Survivor.  I love Survivor.  I'm pretty positive that I could probably win that show.

5. The last song I downloaded.  Ooh, the last song I downloaded was Somebody That I Used to Know, by Gotye.  It is so stinking catchy, I absolutely love it.

6. The last celebrity sighting that I had.  Oh well, you know, remember the Stiffmeister? Of course you do!  Because who doesn't know Stiffler?  Anyway, I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had a close encounter with him and I'm pretty sure he wants me.  Fine.  That may be a slight exaggeration.  Actually, I really was about from me to the end of the couch away from him (Seann William Scott), and it was very exciting because he smiled all cute in my general direction.

7. The last text that I received.  It would be this:  "YOLO!  Heading for the gate.  Whats for ding dong?"  There is a lot of been-married-for-over-15-years code going on there.  Yes, that was a text from my husband.  Translation:  "You Only Live Once!  I am walking to the gate at the airport where I will be boarding a tiny little commuter jet.  What will you be preparing for dinner tonight?"  

8. The last thing that I cooked.  I am going to say it was chicken pesto with bow ties.  Two nights ago.  Because last night I had take-out edamame and a California roll.  Which I could technically eat every night for the rest of my life.

9. The last gift that I received.  I just received a really pretty crystal frame and gorgeous Burberry watch for my anniversary.

10. The last TV show that I watched.  The last TV show that I watched without distraction was last night's Modern Family - one of my current top three TV shows.  It makes me laugh hard every single week.

1 comment:

  1. I dare you to apply for Survivor. I really, really want to know someone who actually plays the game (even if I don't technically know you, I feel like I do).

    ReplyDelete