Thursday, April 5, 2012

one last word, v3

People Magazine has this new feature thing on the last page of their magazine.  On the last page, they have a new feature called the last word (so clever!) where a celebrity answers a few questions on the last things they've done.

So even though I'm not a celebrity or anything, I'm going to go ahead and answer the questions.  Because, why not?



1. The last time I was starstruck - well, I have to say that I don't have too many opportunities to be starstruck.  Because I live in a little one-light town in the country where I have only seen one actual live celebrity, Lili Taylor (among 500 other things, she was in Mystic Pizza and Say Anything - two movies that I love).  I was behind her in the grocery store.  It was a little shocking, but she bought rich people food. Anyway, a week or two ago when I was in LA, I saw Seann William Scott right in front of my face and he smiled and was adorable and I felt a little flustered.  I guess that counts.

2. The last thing I lost - Well, I wouldn't exactly say lost, more like, left behind.  I was in the city at the sweetest hotel ever, and I left my iPod charger by accident!  Annoying!  So it's not technically lost, but kind of.


3. The last book I read - Man, I am in the middle of reading a goofy but hilarious book - "Are You There Vodka, It's Me Chelsea," by Chelsea Handler, and this book called "Expecting Adam," by Martha Beck, which is about expecting a child with Down Syndrome.  I have about 500 books on my "to read" list that I keep adding to, but don't seem to making much of a dent on...


4. The last vacation I took - Well I just went on a little getaway to California with Kara.  I'm kind of liking California. This time I went to LA - Marina del Rey and Santa Monica.  It was awesome.


5. The last dream I had - Oh, I dream every night.  But then I usually forget all of the great details by about the time I brush my teeth. All I know is that last night's dream was a good one.


6. The last time I was scared - Well I was a little scared the other night walking by myself.  It was so so dark, and I walk in this one section that doesn't have sidewalks.  I was scared that a car was going to come by and hit and run me, then like, I'd be all laying half dead, bleeding out with a pneumothorax in the weeds but nobody would find me til morning, when it would probably be too late to save me.  Overactive imagination much?


7. The last big splurge - I guess that would be for my good living room - like I bought a nice little pile of furniture.  But guess what?  Now I have no more furniture to buy!  And that right there is some very good news.


8. The last person I told I love you - That would more than likely be Alex.


9. The last time I got mad - Last night I got a little mad.  But I got over it.  I am currently still over it.


10. The last thing I regretted - The last thing that I regretted would have to be pressing send on an email. I sat there for about 15 seconds before pressing send, having a mental debate with myself.  Then I did the typical, fuck it, whatever move, and pressed send.  And then of course,  I was thinking wait wait, wait!  But I couldn't take it back.  Which is pretty much the definition of regret.

4 comments:

  1. I love the movie, Mystic Pizza! I didn't realize anyone else had ever even heard of it. LOL My to read list is long too. And I'm way behind. WAY. BEHIND. WAY. I do that kind of scare thing too- usually I think there is someone following me who is going to knock me out and carry me off in the woods to die. Sheesh. I got really mad this weekend. I am currently still mad. Outlook for the next really long time? Still mad. Grudge holder much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have NO idea who those stars you listed are. I may be pathetic! My to read list is overwhelming and my son nags me daily to get going on Hunger Games. I told him yesterday that I am not in the right place to be reading about children killing each other! I don't think that's a place I ever want to go! And I have done that can't take it back regret dance too many times! E-mail is dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i sometimes regret a blog post. oh, who am i kidding, i regret most of them. my husband always asks me, "are you sure you really want to tell the world about that?"
    no, but i do it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you do need any more furniture. :)

    ReplyDelete