Tuesday, April 17, 2012

monday listicle - celebrities

So I've been reading this new to me blog, The Good Life, and it's fun and funny.  And guess what?  That Northwest mommy Stasha does a feature thing that is called Monday Listicles.  There are different topics every Monday where you list ten things, then link up.  Well.  You all know how much I love lists.  So I have to participate.  Because, you know, it would be a crime if I passed up an opportunity to write a list and link it to other list writers and then like, love my list so hard.  So apparently this week's topic is Ten Reasons Celebrities are Just Like Us.


Now that is my kind of list.


Ten Reasons Celebrities are Just Like Us
(besides the typical, "They hold their own grocery bags!" or, "They chew with their mouth open!"  or my favorite, "They pump their own gas!")


1.  They brush their own teeth.  Assuming of course, that they do.  Because really, who would want someone to brush their teeth for them?  That would just be ridiculous.






2.  They rock out in their car.  Even if the celebrity is like a singer or something, where obviously they'd rock out in their car, because everybody rocks out in their car.  Right?  Kim K. may or may not be rocking out in that picture below, but I just wanted to illustrate how much like us those celebrities really are.  Especially when they roll up in Ferrari's.






3.  They mow their lawns.  No, no... they don't mow their lawns.  That's just silly.






4.  They take a bath/shower/hose themselves down, all by themselves.  Well of course they do.  Because who would want someone else to give them a bath if they weren't a baby or a little kid?  Probably a little kid celebrity wouldn't give themselves their own bath though.  Because you know, that's what nannies moms are for.  And everyone knows little kids do a crap job washing their hair.






5.  They carry their own umbrella.  Unless of course they are Mariah Carey or JLo - one of those girls had an umbrella carrier, if I recall correctly.  Or maybe that was Puffy. Is he Puffy still?  Sean Combs? P. Diddy?  Remember that?  Can you imagine answering the ad for that job opening?  "Wanted, one idiot to carry an umbrella for a famous idiot who apparently doesn't have arms when it rains, sprinkles or mists.  Salary to commensurate with experience."






6. They have a bad hair day.  Oh yes, yes they do.  Not quite on this level of crazy-town bad, but you have to admit that some days, the hair can be a little rough. 






7.  They practice safe sex.  Yep, just like (*coughcough* ahem) the rest of us.  On another note - isn't that a dumb saying?  Practice safe sex?  Like, we're practicing?  For practice?  So we can get better at it?






8.  They lose their shit in public.  Because everyone has a bad day every once in a while.






9.  They feed their kids crappy food.  Oh, we all know that a little bag of Funyuns goes a long way when you need to bribe your kid.  And while we're at it, where's the Happy Meal and lollipop?








10.  Their kid has a meltdown.  Oh let's be real here, even the perfect parent's kid has a meltdown.  Because sometimes it is just out of our control.  I'm very pro-ignoring when my kid flips out over not being able to wear the high heels to the playground thing.







linking up:

5 comments:

  1. These are too funny. My fave is the one where Suri has a meltdown. I don't know, but she's my picture of a spoiled little girl. That, or I'm just jealous that she gets everything all expensive and stuff. *ahem*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I think they might be more like us peons than most people think. They just can't walk down the street in peace. Now, your number 8? I have to say, he had a very valid point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am even more like celebrities than I thought!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for lists! An umbrella carrier is a fantastic idea, especially when I need one hand to push the stroller and the other to carry my Starbucks. Writing an ad for that right now. And I did have a Kanye moment in an airport once. I'm not proud of it. Well, okay, I'm sorta proud of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFL, I think I like your list best. The pictures are priceless. Yes, there are ones out there who need the practice LMAO

    ReplyDelete