Tuesday, April 24, 2012

11 questions

Questions, questions, questions.  Why are there always so many questions to answer??

If you met your favorite movie star and could say whatever you wanted to him or her in 140 characters or less, what would it be? (And who is the movie star?)  Well hm.  I suppose the first thing to address here would be who my favorite movie star is, and that's a toughie.  Because I don't have just one favorite.   But one movie star that I really like is Matt Damon.  So, in 140 characters or less I would say.  "Hi I love you and your cutie little smile and I really think Jason Bourne is the bomb and I loved the song you did with Sarah Silverman because you are hilarious and adorable and wanna kiss?"  That may or may not be 140 characters.  It looks about right, so I'm going with it.

What’s your dream?  Gosh, I have a lot of dreams.  Some are pretty unrealistic, and some are do-able.  But one dream that might sound a little lame is to see as much of the World with my own two eyes, in person, as possible. 

Ever had a scary parenting moment?  Um, absolutely.  I've had scary parenting moments (plural) with every single one of my kids.  Here is a sampling:  Kara:  Broke both wrists on a scooter, and while I was winning the shitty parent of the year award for not recognizing that they were both broken, I was feeling scared because I wasn't sure what it meant for normal growth after fractures.  Alex:  had his first allergic reaction to we don't know what, but I'm pretty sure it was a combination of new puppy and new spring growth in the air (trees, flowers, grass).  He was three and I was 9 months pregnant with Megan.  We were alone in the car and I looked in the rear view mirror and saw an unrecognizable kid - face completely swollen, no kidding, I've never seen anything like it.  I was so scared.  I rushed him to the nearest urgent care and they took one look at him and said "you need to bring him to the emergency room."  I was like, "YA THINK?!  Can someone please help me here??!"  I was in full blown panic mode.  Meg:  my accident prone kiddo - got hurt often enough for me to worry that the doctors were gong to think I was hurting her.  She burned her back on a grill - really bad, she burned two (cigar shaped) circles on her arm from wagon wheel noodles, that are actually scars several years later, she got a stick in the eye and scratched her cornea, she pulled her elbow out of her socket climbing AND she fell out of my truck landing on her HEAD for a nice trip to the ER.  Kid scared me often.  I swear I was not negligent.  Brookie:  Her birth scared me - I thought we were both going to die, and she was pretty darned close.  I had placenta abruptia, had to have an emergency c-section AND her cord was in a very tight knot, cutting off her oxygen.  The doctor said thank God that I had the emergency c-section because if we had waited the two days for the scheduled induction, chances were likely that she would have been stillborn from the lack of oxygen.  So very, very scary.

Something besides your children that you are proud of.  I am proud of a successful business that I started and ran locally.

What’s your favorite book? Why? My favorite changes constantly, and so do the genres.  I really liked A Million Little Pieces by James Frey.  I don't care about the whole Oprah/questionable memoir controversy thing at all.  I really want to read that again.

What’s in your fridge?  Like currently?  Everything?  How about a little sampling.  Skim Lactaid, 1% milk, 1 1/2 dozen eggs,  sugar free jello, International Delight Hazelnut creamer, Reddi-Whip, a pork loin, a bag of baby carrots, a case of seltzer...

Do you make your bed every day?  I do.  I hate it unmade.  The rest of the room can be messy, but I can't handle an unmade bed.  

Do your kids make theirs? Why/why not? I don't make them make their beds every day, I make them close their door. :)  I'll make their beds for them every once in a while, I know they are busy and they are kids and all - but they'll make it when I ask without much of a hassle.

What’s your best kid’s riddle or joke?  Where do Generals keep their armies?  Up their sleevies!   ahahhaha!  I am such a comedian.

Epidural or au natural?  Yeah, I've gone both of these routes (and the c-section route), and let me tell you how freaking insane labor with no drugs turned out to be.  Epidural, all the way. Suffering in pain for hours and hours and hours does not make you a better mom, I promise.  But if you can get through labor fine without it, go for it.

Ask your kids what they like about you and what bugs them about you and write it verbatim here.  Brooke: Um, I like you because you're you and you're a nice person and you take me everywhere and you're so pretty and I like your hair and clothes.  What bugs me about you?  Hm, that's a toughie, I have no clue!  Alex:  Um, I like that you care for me, you are a nice girl, pleasant to be around, you buy me clothes, you give me freedom.  Also, when you yell at me its easy to tune you out.  It bugs me that sometimes you won't treat me like a 15 year old, and sometimes you get annoying attitudes.  Meg: I like you, you're nice and a cool girl and you feed me, clothe me and house me.  It bugs me because sometimes you won't let me go to concerts and other times you aren't exactly the best at help with homework and also maybe once in a while you could let me have new friends over. 
I didn't get a chance to ask Kar this question, and I have to post.

Do you have any advice for Snooki?  Get out of reality TV.

2 comments:

  1. your stupid kid joke made ma laugh out loud. sleevies! =)
    i think it's funny that your kids call you a girl. at least they think you're cool and nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you're funny. I like that you're kind. I like that you put your family first. I like that you're brave.
    Something that bugs me about you: the way you burp. And how you swish your drinks in your mouth. :)

    xo hahaha

    ReplyDelete