Wednesday, April 18, 2012

and yet somehow, I'm discussing crumbs in my bra. TMI?

You know when you're eating something crumby and crumbs falls right into your bra?


No?


Well, how about just imagine that scenario if you can't identify with it personally. 


So yeah.  The crumb in the bra thing.  It happens.  And I tend to wear v-neck t-shirts a lot, so I often get crumbs in my bra.  Usually though, I manage to get them out without too much hassle.  It can be tricky in public, but you know, sometimes you just have to get down into your bra and do what you have to do.  I know how to be discreet.


Except if I get a coffee cake crumb in my bra.  Because you know, those crumbs are so moist (ugh!) dampish (I looked up a synonym for that skeevy m word and DAMPISH was it.  Really?  That's all I have to work with?).  They are so dampish that they stick to your skin and you actually have to pretty much do a crumb-ectomy to get rid of them.  It's a fairly risky operation.  It typically involves having to have a little privacy, you know, like an escape to the privacy of a good bathroom stall.  Those things have a way of migrating right on down to the underbelly of your boob.  It can be kind of irritating, like a stone in your sneaker almost.  You just have to get them out of there.


I love coffee cake.  You know those little Drake's cakes?  They are so my favorite little processed yummy things... I have a weakness.  I could eat far too many for it to be considered acceptable behavior.  Kind of similar to my weakness for Double Stuf Oreo cookies.  Incidentally, the Double Stuf crumbs migrate deep in the bra too.  In case you were unsure.


Is it shameful if googling this made my mouth water a little?
The CITB (crumb in the bra) thing is clearly a girl problem,  and most certainly a first world girl problem.  Because I'm pretty sure they don't sell Drake's cakes in the jungles of Uganda.  And you know, even if they did sell Drake's cakes in the jungles of Uganda (Are there jungles in Uganda?  I'm not very geographically inclined, so if there aren't jungles there, feel free to just shoot me a quick email telling me where a good jungle is so I can come off as intelligent and worthy of jungle talk), the women that live there probably don't wear bras.  I've seen National Geographic.  Those women pretty much go topless all of the time.   Personally, I think it might get a little chilly going topless all of the time, but obviously it's pretty hot in the jungle.  Hot and filled with weird snakes and things that I wouldn't want eyeballing my bare boob like it is dinner.


Besides being a little chilly and snake-ish, I also think it's probably kind of buggy in the jungle.  And I hate bug bites.  And I'd especially hate bug bites on my private bare skin.  Which is exactly why if I were in the jungles of Uganda, I'd definitely be wearing a bra, and also a long sleeved shirt. 


ANYway, isn't it funny how sometimes at the end of a long day, you go to take your bra off and get all comfy and pj'd up, and all of a sudden a few errant crumbs tumble out?


The question is, do you eat the bra crumbs?  No judgement here if you do.  OK, maybe a little judgement you gross thing, you.


I do not eat bra crumbs.  In case you were wondering.  


Unless it's a really big crumb cake crumb, then there's no telling what I could do.  I guess it would depend on how hungry I was at the moment of the discovery.  Either way, it would be a crime to waste a good crumb cake crumb.  Don't you think?


Such a dilemma.

3 comments:

  1. Haha! I love that you have an entire post dedicated to this topic. Awesome. Yes, I get crumbs there. And, yes, sometimes I eat them. I am gross. But don't judge me. They were Thin Mint cookie crumbs. Thanks for the laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are certifiable! You know that, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bah Hahahahahaha! At first I thought you were writing about me again. And then I knew you were when you mentioned wearing a lot of v-neck shirts. :) And you wouldn't find me in the jungle for the very same reasons! And I don't eat those crumbs either (CITB = hilarious)but I bet if some of those men who could use a bra for their man boobs would. ;)

    ReplyDelete