Wednesday, March 14, 2012

why didnt i think of that

Have you ever heard of Urbandictionary.com?  If you haven't, where have you been?  It's this funny website where people submit a word or term, real or made up, and then define it in their own words.  Most of the time, they're pretty logical and make sense.  And you can totally relate.  It's really funny. And I love words and terms. Especially funny words and terms.  Every time I read good ones, I think to myself, why didn't I come up with that?

I'm sharing a few examples.  Because we all know how kind and generous I am.


iFinger
The finger that you purposely keep clean when you eat something easy so you can operate your touchscreen smartphone/tablet/GPS without making the screen look like your plate.
These ribs are delicious and messy, but I have to keep my pinky clean cause its my iFinger.



Curb Shame
Embarrassment at waiting on the curb obediently as other pedestrians ignore the "don't walk" signal in the absence of traffic.
I couldn't stand the curb shame any longer so I crossed with everyone else, even though I needed a break from running all around town.

Freudian Click
Sending a suggestive email to someone by mistake.
A second after I hit "send", I realized that I had made a Freudian Click and emailed a love note to my ex instead of my boyfriend. So embarrassing!

Webtrovert
Someone who is a shy introvert in real life, but turns into a full-on extroverted party animal on Internet forums and social sites.
"Man, she was on Facebook flirting with everyone and talking about all her wild parties, but when we met in person she just stared at the floor and mumbled every time I asked her something.  Obviously, she's a webtrovert."

Facebook Wit
The intelligent humor that nearly everyone seems to gain when they have a half an hour to contemplate a witty response. It is usually a bad comparison to a person's actually conversational skills since they can sit and contemplate the response for as long as they need.


(Facebook wit conversation)
Susie (7:12): So... supposedly the world is ending on Saturday...
Dan: (7:32): Hell yeah! (pun totally intended ;)
Susie (7:34): You think you'll still be here after the rapture?
Dan: (8:01): Oh, I'm throwing a rapture party! Devil juice and Satan cakes, with the Antichrist spinning!
Susie: (8:04): ROFL!

(Real conversation)
Susie (7:12): So... supposedly the world is ending on Saturday...
Dan (7:13): Oh, wow, that's really interesting...
(Crickets chirping)


Sore Winner
A sore winner is someone who wins and spends far too much time gloating over it, to the point that the rest of the people feel poorly about even participating.

Ali was a sore winner when she sang "We Are The Champions" after winning the NCAA Bracket.


Backseat Browser
Anyone who sits behind a someone who is browsing the Internet while continuously instructing them on what to click on or what to type into the address/search bar. Most appropriately applied when the advice or commands are unsolicited and/or unwarranted.
Matt grew increasingly frustrated with Patrick, acting as a Backseat Browser, when he wouldn't stop telling Matt what links he should click on next.


Russian Toilette
After sitting on the toilet to poop, you notice that there is less than one-quarter of a roll of toilet paper, and no spare in the bathroom. You decide to poop anyway, gambling on the fact you will have enough toilet paper to have a satisfying wipe.


Husband: "Honey, I just played Russian Toilette, and lost"
Wife: "Sucks to be you. Try not to bite your fingernails"



eye broccoli
The opposite of eye candy, someone unappealing to look at.


Barney:  So who's the new eye broccoli?
Marshall: My new assistant.

3 comments:

  1. ha! i love the last two! i hate a game of russian toilette! and eye broccoli is such a creative way to call someone ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eye broccoli is BRILLIANT! I love urban dictionary. It makes me laugh out loud!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog. As a lover of words you might be interested in the word play involved in cryptic crosswords. I am doing a series of posts on solving cryptic clues. This was the first one I did. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/01/cryptic-crosswords-solving-hints-1.html Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete