Thursday, March 8, 2012

I appreciate a good snappy hot dog

Yes, a snappy hot dog.  Like the kind that are serious German hot dogs.  Like when you take a bite, you can almost hear the skin snap.  Is that gross?  In all honesty, I love most kinds of hot dogs.  I guess you could say I appreciate certain encased meats.  I try hard not to think about what it is I am eating, because I really am a fan of animals.  And not just a fan of eating them.


Unfortunately, I kind of have a hard time eating hot dogs because they are one of the worst things for my sucky heartburn.  Like personally.  Maybe hot dogs don't affect other people like they affect me.  Pain is definitely involved.  Sometimes the pain is worth it.


Every so often, especially when my sisters are in town, we'll go out for a Sunday drive.  We take our coffees and just drive and chat.  Usually we drive out to the country (well, we live in the country, but we drive into the deeper country), and we'll often end up at this awesome little hot dog stand where the hot dogs are fantastic.  And they have fries with vinegar.  Yummm.  I love fries with vinegar.


Anyway, the whole point of this post is that today was such a gorgeous day, all I could think about was taking a drive to that hot dog stand, sitting at one of those picnic tables by the duck pond, and enjoying a good snappy hot dog in the sunshine.   Spring is coming!  How can you not think of awesome grill food on a sunny warm day?  Hot dogs and hamburgers and brats and kielbasa...  


I love this time of year.  

2 comments: