Friday, March 9, 2012

five





It's late afternoon and I've spent the majority of my day on the couch with a sick kiddo.  Brooke's had a high fever all day... poor little one.  Last night she padded into my room several times saying she was scared and asking for things and I had a feeling something was up.  She isn't a kid who typically messes around at bed time.  She goes to bed at 8, and that's it.  Most times, she'll make her way into bed with us at 3 or 4 in the morning, but I'm fine with that.  I like it even, as long as she doesn't over-snuggle me.  I need my sleep space. Brooke reads in her bed, sometimes plays in there even, but she knows that once bedtime rolls around, there's no messing around.  Mommy is officially off duty.


Anyway, today has basically been me scratching Brooke's back all day while she alternately slept or watched TV.  A sick kid pretty much forces you to just slow down, you know?  I pulled together a great smelling chicken orzo soup for when she is hungry, got some ginger ale out and made some jello.  Gotta have all of the sick kid food available...


Incidentally, there's a lot of crappy TV on during the day.  I don't know how kids can watch most of this stuff.   However, Drake and Josh is hilarious.  I do wish that show was still on.


Well, hopefully Brooke will be up and back to normal by tomorrow.  I hate seeing her sick, and Megan has a thing that we need to go to. I don't want to either (a) have to drag a sick kid to it, or (b) have one of us have to miss it and stay home with a sick kid.  


Hope you all have a happy weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Poor little thing! I hope she feels better! I remember those days when the lovelies were little and sick. Chicken soup, ginger ale, jell-o made with ginger ale, ginger ale with lime sherbert. Crap. I need to go get some ginger ale. And lime sherbert. And jell-o. LOL Seriously, hope she's better! I love that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy weekend, Jessee! Sending healing prayers for Brooke!

    ReplyDelete