Thursday, March 29, 2012

one last word, v2

People Magazine has this new feature thing on the last page of their magazine.  On the last page, they have a new feature called the last word (so clever!) where a celebrity answers a few questions on the last things they've done.

So even though I'm not a celebrity or anything, I'm going to go ahead and answer the questions.  Because, why not?

1. The last time I laughed: It's actually pretty sad when you have to think hard about when the last time you laughed, isn't it?  I'm going to go with last night, when Megan accidentally dropped her dad straight to the floor with a well placed  karate kick to the groin.  Poor guy.  Unfortunately, I laughed til I cried.  It was hilarious.  I'm mean.

2. The last time I hosted a party:  I believe the last actual party I officially hosted was a little super bowl party.  Complete with home made pizza, wings and yummy dips.

3. The last thing I bought for my home:  The last thing I bought for my home was a living room.  Like, a couch, chair, coffee table, end tables, lamps, etc.  It might seem like a bit of a large purchase, but it was a good deal!

4. The last celebrity crush I had: Oh man.  I have a love triangle crush on Stefan and Damon from the Vampire Diaries.  I can't help it.  I want to make out with both of them, not at the same time.

5. The last country I visited:  Well, technically, the last country I visited was Mexico, like, forever ago.  I think I was 16.  It was great.  The next country I want to visit might be Greece.  I think I need a passport.  I better get on that.

6. The last thing I cooked:  The last thing I cooked would have to be last night's dinner, which was this crockpot masterpiece with chicken and prosciutto and onions in a wine sauce on bow ties.  Yummm.  It was such a good easy meal.  I am actually in mid-cook of peanut butter cookies as we speak.  They smell so great.  I may or may not be fighting salmonella at this very moment.  How can you not eat the cookie dough?

7. The last sport I picked up: Hm.  Is weight training a sport?  I'm not very sporty.  Oh yeah!  I've been running a little and I haven't been hating it!  It's very exciting.  I need to build up some endurance though because I can't go very far before I have to slow down and walk a bit.

8. The last prank I pulled: Wow.  I can't even remember.  Maybe I will stand behind the door and scare one of my kids.  That could be funny.

9. The last tattoo I got: I've never gotten a tattoo.  I might though.  I'll keep you posted.

10. The last TV show I watched: Well, SpongeBob doesn't count because while I may have been listening to it with half of an ear, I wasn't technically watching it.  I may have chuckled once or twice.  But I believe the last TV show I actually watched and paid attention to was International House Hunters a few nights ago.  I really feel that I deserve a vacation house in Belize.  

Don't we all?

5 comments:

  1. your crockpot meal sounds very fun. I haven't had too much luck with that thing yet, but I'll keep trying, because I like the idea of food I never have to stir all day.

    I just cracked up today when my son went running toward the parked car The Man was waiting in to pick us up, hit the gravel and nearly slid under the car. I hugged him, but it was hilarious. What is the matter with me.

    Oh, and I DIED laughing today over a photo of my sister that cleverly made her thighs look like a vagina. It's hard to explain, but it was an excellent optical illusion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these questions, and I love reading your answers. I may have to steal this from you (one of these weeks, when I actually get around to it)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is this "party hosting" you speak of? i haven't thrown a party in more years than i care to admit. shameful.
    crockpots are really great in theory, but other than pot roast and a super duper brownie/cake thing, i never use mine.
    i laughed at karen's comment about her sister's vagina thighs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. House Hunters goes to some awesome places! It just floors me that a lot of those people are buying vacation homes! Here I sit struggling to make ONE house payment and they're signing up for a second one! And on a budget that would buy my pathetic little house 5 or 6 times! Life is decidedly NOT fair!

    I laughed out loud at your poor hubby's injury. I guess I'm mean too! There is one of the senior black belts in my son's karate system who "knocks" on the guys crotches to find out if they're protected before allowing them to sign in to fight. Those who aren't ... learn their lesson FAST!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! Loved your "lasts" and I too (dear Lord, it's a mother thing) laughed till I cried when one of my sons was walking down the sidewalk and looking over his shoulder to talk to his brother--I kept telling him to watch where he was going and the next thing you know, he walked straight on, full-force, into a street sign--"CLANG!" Careens backward like a cartoon yelling, and I am against the wall, laughing hysterically!

    Bad mommy.

    ReplyDelete