Friday, March 16, 2012

friday five

It's late afternoon, a little after 4.  I feel like I have so much going on this weekend!  This is going to be the quickest five minute post ever!


My son is in his first high school musical this weekend - tonight is opening night.  Kara was in every high school musical from sixth grade on - when she went off to college I missed watching one of my kids up there on the stage every year!  Going to her college productions was different, because really, the only kid up there that I knew was Kara.  Anyway, I kind of forced him to do it, and I am so glad that I did.  He really likes it, and is already talking about next year's production.  I love that Alex is so confident.


My sister Jen is coming in to see him, so in about an hour or so, the house will be filled and noisy.  Kara is on her way home too, Alex picked her up in the city on the way back from a meeting, so that's cool.


Tomorrow, Kara and I are going to hop a plane to California for a few days, so that's exciting.  We're going to LA.  I haven't been there since I was a teenager, and I gotta say, I didn't love it then.  Hopefully I'll like it better this time.  Kara is considering moving out there for a little bit, so she wanted to check out Santa Monica.  I'm not sure what the appeal is, but really, she has nothing holding her from going out there and exploring new places.  And then I can go visit her a lot of times.  So it's a win all around!


I'll try to post some stuff next week while I'm out there.  Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment