Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Unanswered Questions

I am currently on winter break with the kids, so I will be posting previous entries for the week. Since readership was a little on the light side back then, most of you probably haven't seen these.



My one unanswered question is this.



Why do tighty-whities have a little pocket in the front of them?? I believe they are incredibly nonfunctional. Is that even a word?





Really, I have been trying to answer this question for many years, and I just can't seem to come to a great conclusion. It happens to be a question that I have posed to several people, and the general consensus is that if the man doesn't want to pull his underpants down the whole way he can just go through the little peephole pocket thing.


Really??


I mean, why wouldn't a guy pull down his underpants all of the way? I'm not talking to the floor, but, you know, down the way enough to be comfortable. Wouldn't it take more effort and maneuvering to get your business through the peephole? I mean, the angle of the pocket is all skewed and stuff. I guess I can understand it on boxers, because they are looser fitting than briefs, but, who came up with that dumb design anyway?? I mean, why even give them that option in the first place.
I think it could be a good place to carry loose change if you have no other pockets. Maybe I should write to the manufacturers about it.

1 comment:

  1. Jessee,
    I wouldn't call that a "pocket," it's more of an opening and it's only the rare weirdo who pulls down his underwear at a urinal (all the other guys will give such a fellow a wide berth.) 99% of males just use that opening. Some underwear do have actual pockets, the stated use being to store a condom (honest!) Hopefully this clarifies men's undies for you!

    ReplyDelete