Monday, February 14, 2011

14 THINGS THAT I LOVE

Well guys, here it is.  My second ever attempt at a linky party.  I really hope you all can make it. 

After my shameless begging Friday, I hope you don't feel too embarrassed for me to show up.  Remember, if you blow this off I have to wear black clothes and a black veil that hides my face in shame for all eternity.

And please, think of the children.  How terrible would you feel if your child invited his whole class to a birthday party and nobody showed up??  Imagine the wilted balloons, the uneaten cupcakes, the saddy crushed little face.  Stained with tears.  Tears guys. 

Please don't sentence me to a lifetime of black clothes.  And a tear-stained face.  And a black cloud of shame.

Anyway!  In honor of Valentine's Day,  I will provide you with a smattering of the highly random 14 Things That I Love, in no particular order:


Grand pianos.  One day I will have one of these in my house.  And it will be cherry wood.


Libraries.  There is just something about a building full of books...


Old lamps.  Is that weird?



Rock walls.  Just imagine all of the hard work that went into creating those things...



Covered bridges.  This might sound odd, but these make me think of romance and lovey dovey stuff.  There aren't too many of these left out there either...



Cupcakes.  Need I say more?

Clinique make up.  Somebody at Clinique did me a solid when they finally made the moisturizer with an SPF in it.



Double sinks in the bathroom.  Because there is just never enough space when everyone wants to brush their teeth at the same time.


My sewing machine.  Even though it is dusty more often than not, I like that I know how to use it.


Pure jill comfy cropped pants from jjill.  I live in these. 


Mercury Glass.  I am an admitted glass lover.  And mercury glass is so, so pretty.



Fireplaces.  Warmth, coziness.  Nothing better than that.


Slippers.  Warmth and coziness on my feet.  Ah.


Lists.  Lists mean almost everything to me.

And one last Bonus thing that I love.  For good measure:


Post-its. These squares run my life and help my early onset memory loss. Probably one of the greatest inventions of all mankind.

OK! That was fun! So now is your turn to share! To show me that you love me as much as I love you!


Oh no. I just said the L word. Out loud.


Well. That was awkward. What if it was just me misunderstanding the signals all of this time? Oh my Cod. What if you don't love me back??


Now this just feels like ninth grade all over again. I am having palpitations. I think I need a therapist.

11 comments:

  1. post its:)
    cupcakes:)
    wonderfullllll
    xoxo
    bB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list! And I definitely could have named a couple of these myself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a gas fireplace. Sadly, all it looks like is a small blue flame. Not super romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love covered bridges and rock walls (very New England) but a sewing machine is not in my top 100,000 favorite things. I envy people who can sew, though! Hey, wanna make me a drop cloth slipcover? haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for hosting this. . .I too love lists and this was fun one to do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your list. Maybe I'll post a list tomorrow. Does it need to be 15 things if it's the fifteenth?
    I own those slippers, and those pants, and a (black) grand piano. I taught piano lessons for seven years to pay off that baby, and it was worth every second.
    But the old lamps? Just can't get into that one.!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found your linky party through Gabe and decided to join in! It was fun! Thanks! :) Loved your list too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jessee, I loved your list of things you love!

    And I like several of those too. My fireplace looks quite a bit like that picture.

    I loved the mercury glass...and the cupcakes made my mouth water.

    I have a piano...but I don't really play...but my 20 year old grandson does...and he is fantastic! So that is why grandma got one.

    In England we saw so many of those wonderful stacked rock walls! I love them. And in our first house we had a terraced hill and they were stacked rock.

    And lastly...I LOVE libraries. I don't have one in my home...but I hang out in our new city library!

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definately have a lot of the same loves!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, I'm loving your blog and I just landed here. First of all your list of 14 things today. Second the list of books. You are a girl after my own heart. Glad to have found you today. Happy valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Party! Happy to be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete