Friday, February 4, 2011

Let the festivities begin!

It's my birthday month!

Yes!

I've been waiting all year, and now, the birthday extravaganza can begin! 

And so it did.

Today I went to get my hair cut and colored up at my favorite spa/salon in Albany.  I love when they wash my hair.  If I won the lottery, I would hire a professional hair washer.  For me.  For every day.  Because it feels so good, I can hardly stand it.  Sometimes I throw it out there, like to the hair washing girl.  Like, I wish you could come and do this every day?  With a little question on the end.  Like maybe she would throw herself at my feet and say, "Yes!  Take me with you!  I will wash your hair for you every day!"

And then we would skip out of the salon together, hand in hand.  And live happily ever after amen.

Ah.  What a great dream.

So anyway, the extravaganza has begun, and now my hair looks great so it's perfect timing.  And because my hair looks so great, I had to get a few pieces of clothes and a pocketbook to go with it.  So yeah.  That's what I did all.day.long.  Which wasn't exactly the plan because I hate shopping for myself.  And I also hate trying on clothes.  I got home just in time to pick the kids up from school.  I really meant to be home at lunch because I can't stand spending the entire day away.  I like being in my red chair at home relaxing.  But my hair took a very long time.  Then the shopping.  Then the getting of the yummy wrap at the health food store.   Which incidentally was so freaking great, I want to drive back up there to get another.  And on that same note, they had the most amazing smoothies, like ever.  Ahh.

So anyway, here I sit, with all of my great hair, and  I am so late in posting and Megan is dragging me out the door to pick up her friend for a sleepover play date and so sorry if this post isn't up to the typical quality, but sheesh.  It's been a long day and I'm tired.

1 comment:

  1. I finally got caught up on your blog. Happy birthday month! When I lived in Iowa, my hairstylist would give me a 5 minute scalp massage along with my shampooing. It was HEAVEN.

    Did your kids finally go back to school? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete