Thursday, February 17, 2011

Six Degrees to Monica Lewinsky

Speaking of Bill Clinton, I know Monica Lewinsky.

But not really.

In fact, I only know her through the tangled web of my mind.

And I really believe the whole Six Degrees to Kevin Bacon thing -- we really can connect ourselves to pretty much anyone.  I decided to connect myself to Monica Lewinsky because I thought about her the other day.  And she is pretty famous in a household name-ish way.

So my cousin Greg traveled in her circles back in the day in NYC, mostly because he is kind of a hot shot.  His partner Scott also had a questionable cigar at our party over Labor Day, and that is where I drew the connection.

Cigar at a party at Scott + Greg's house = my connection to Monica Lewinsky.  Because Greg knows Monica.  And I know Greg.  And the cigar was the clincher.  Get it?

I have photographic proof of a "cigar incident," and even though Monica wasn't there per se,  there were a lot of shenanigans going on and a cigar was involved in many ways.

First off, someone in my family whose name begins with an M and ends with a om, was smoking that cigar.  And then one of my sisters may also have been smoking that cigar.  I won't go so far as to name names to protect their identities.  Since smoking cigars (or other things) isn't exactly something that either of them ever often do, and they do have reputations to uphold.  I do have the shocking photos to prove the entire incident though.  I can also prove that one (or both) of those girls and possibly my husband were dirty dancing with Scott after a few too many alcoholic beverages were imbibed.  Scott is rather hot though, so it's OK.  And we're practically family, so that makes it OK-er.  And I'm pretty sure that Greg didn't mind one bit.

So anyway, taking all of this into account: the cigar, the real live connection to Monica, the shocking behavior with the cigar at the party... one can only conclude that I sort of know or at the very least have a six degree relationship with Monica Lewinsky.

Can't one?

I am participating in Jenny Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday.  Letter S, of course. 

Jenny Matlock

10 comments:

  1. That sounds like some party. Hope you have all recovered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what Monica is up to these days? Well, I just read the whole Wikipedia article about her. Doesn't sound like she's particularly happy and it doesn't appear she married.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That story just won't ever die, will it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. When it comes to knowing Monica Jessee, I'd say you're close...but no cigar! You knew that was coming (that's what Bill Clinton said...) I could go on all day but will spare you....

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is amazing how we are all connected. I think this is a hoot! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like you. I love your thought process. And you write really well. I laughed when I read that Scott was dirty dancing with your husband...still chuckling as I type this. I'm putting you on my desktop, I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. M.....OM...gee jess, I wonder who that is....at least I didn't inhale.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super link to Alphabe-Thursday's letter "S".

    Loved your story here...it made me think and laugh and then laugh again.

    Thanks for a stupendous story!

    A+

    ReplyDelete