Friday, February 25, 2011

not a follower or a leader

I am not a follower.

Come to think of it, I am not really a leader either.

So what does that make me??

A thoughtful OBSERVER, that's what.

I listen, look, watch a bit, debate inwardly -- and THEN I make my move.

I'm not copying anybody because I like to be an individual.

So I got a camera.  Actually, Alex got me a camera.  Not because he is the only one who brings home the bacon in this house or anything.  He got it for me for my birthday.  Actually I physically got it, because he gets all crazy when his foot hits the blue carpet of Best Buy.  But that is beside the point.

I gave him a lot of great hints. Pretty much the best hint of all was that I emailed him a page from Best Buy that said, "This is what I want for my combined Valentine's Day slash Birthday present!"
So about a week before my birthday he calls me on my cell and is all like, "So do you really want that camera you have been talking about, and bombarding me with emails about for like ever?"

And I was like, "Of course I really want that camera I have been harrassing you about Hon."

So he was all like, "Fine, that just happened. Go get it and we'll combine it with your Valentine's Day present."  Which was very romantical of him.

In a moment of, "Shit this camera is really expensive" panic, I initially ended up leaving the store without buying it.  And I called him and told him as I was driving away that maybe I should just look on eBay for it or something.  I never really buy anything big for myself.  Or buy anything big for Alex to give to myself.

Which subsequently threw him into a little panic because then he was all like, "But I didn't get you anything else!  If you don't want the camera, you have to tell me!"

So I got the camera.  And we he got me a couple of cool lenses too, which are fun.  I am still learning, but I LOVE it.

But it sure seems to be the camera of choice for a lot of bloggers out there.  I found out about it a while back, before I even started blogging.  So really I am not a camera copy cat guys.  My friend Merry had one and it took amazing pictures.  So I have been on a mission ever since I saw hers.

So here it is, my new camera that I lovelovelove a really lot:


Isn't it great??

4 comments:

  1. Now that sounds like something I'd do. Go to buy something, have the internal debate on cost, leave without buying it, then finally get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is! And you are going to LOVE it! I never go anywhere without mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually just use my Blackberry phone's camera, it's so convenient, but no doubt you've got me beat for quality of photo... looking forward to seeing your pix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a new camera. Sigh.

    Would it be too weird/stalkerish if I found you on Facebook? I usually only friend people that I know, but I feel like I kind of know you :)

    ReplyDelete