Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Fanny Packs

I am currently on winter break with the kids, so I will be posting previous entries for the week. Since readership was a little on the light side back then, most of you probably haven't seen these.



Fanny packs. I'm going there.
I just happened to see a guy wearing one the other day (not naming any names, Unc), and it made me think and also chuckle a little at his expense. Hey!! It was a MANNY PACK! I think I just made that up!
(pause for a quick check on urbandictionary.com)
Damn. THREE People thought of it before I did. Oh well, they were pretty funny definitions, I particularly liked the third one.


Anyway, back to fanny packs. I did have one. Way back in the nineties. I admit it. For a fanny pack, it was pretty cool, if I do say so myself. It was black leather and I wore it with pride (along with some awfully high-waisted jean shorts, I might add). Please note that my fanny pack also doubled as a camera carrier. Please also note that my legs look like toothpicks, and I might be swayed to give up one of my children if someone could just guarantee me my old toothpicks back again.





Here are two elusive photos of me wearing my fanny pack (in the 90's) for your viewing pleasure. Sometimes, we have to share embarrassing pictures of ourselves to prove a point. However, I am not exactly sure what point it is that I am making here. Maybe the point is, that although fanny packs are admittedly functional and helpful in some travel-type situations or a yard sale, wearing one may cause you to be the butt (or "fanny" - ahahhahahaha - I "crack" myself up) of unmerciful teasing, taunting and the like.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I did a post about my coworker who bought a fannypack, and loved it. I did say, we bought one at Disneyland, and rocked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wear one when we go to an amusement park type place! So much easier than carrying a purse and it holds everything I need and is easily accessible. I guess a mini backpack might do the same thing and be more fashionable though! :)

    ReplyDelete