Monday, February 7, 2011

Abysmal

So I was at a get together the other night with a couple of friends, and we were late because we had some event to go to earlier.  When I got there, my sister was already tipsy and sporting purple teeth, so I went to join her in a circle chat.

I walked up and my cousin Kat was there in a very nice low cut top and I really felt the urge to put my hand down her shirt because it looked very inviting.  We are a close family, so you know, she wouldn't mind.  There was a lot of conversation about her bra, and how uplifting it was, and how a good bra is very important when you are on a man hunt.

Well, first of all, I am not on a man hunt.  And second of all, I already like my bras.  But Kat went around the circle and said that all of our bras were abysmal at best and that we were going to have to go on a bra buying date, and it would be the best thing that ever happened to us.  And I said, "I like my bra and I think it is not abysmal."  Kat wouldn't accept my answer.  I wasn't going to flash her in the middle of the party to prove my point, but I know that my bra is uplifting.  It might be a little on the boring side, but it does it's job. 

My poor BIL Ty looked like he would have preferred being in the group across the room that was dancing to Neil Diamond.

Every time I get together with my cousins, the conversation gets funny.  They can definitely throw back some drinks, so there is very little censoring going on.

Some how I am always the sober one at the party.

I had to leave Alex because he is so annoying and can't ever walk away from a conversation.  Then when he finally realized that I actually left him (I was only faking him out - I just went to fill up with gas), he called me and was like "Did you leave me here?"  and I was like, "YES.  I gave you the I am leaving your ass eye twenty minutes ago!  You missed the boat.  You are going to have to jog home."  And he was all like, "Please come back and get me."  He said it in his nicest voice, so I said I would be there in one minute.  And guess what??  I went back to get him and then ended up waiting in the driveway for another freaking 7-9 minutes before I decided to leave again.  I gave a courtesy call, and it didn't work.  So when I was almost out of the driveway, Alex finally came running out.  So then I had to drive 5 mph for a little bit to see if he could catch up.  After a block, I gave in.  But only because he had his big smile on while wogging behind me the whole way.  It was rather funny.

I think that it was pretty nice of me to let him in.  Maybe because it is my birthday month and I am in a very chipper mood.

1 comment:

  1. I can't even hardly type I'm laughing so hard! That was great!

    ReplyDelete