Thursday, December 1, 2011

a list, part 1

So you know I am all about lists, right?  Well, I can't get too deep into December without sharing my personal list of cool and different gifts that will cover pretty much everyone you might need to buy a Christmas present for.  (woo.  run on sentence much?) Mid November is when I start getting the catalogs.  The many, many catalogs.  And when I have some quiet time, I browse.  And I make lists notes of things that I would like to get for people.  And I rip out pages and have clippings all over the place.  My husband loves that, the clippings.  Yup.


SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE
-the grownups list-

For a Mom:

$78

This is such a cool, personalized gift.  I bought one for myself last year on etsy and I love it.  Each ornament is unique to your family of course.  You can find it HERE.

$61

I got this Mother's bracelet from HERE  a few years ago. I get compliments on it every time I wear it. These are made so well, and you really can't beat the price.  They are totally customized with a lot of different style options.  You get to choose  the colors, the beads and style.


For a Dad:

$89
 I found this Kodak Digital Frame, and thought it was a perfect Dad gift idea.  It's just right for the office.  It holds around 300 pictures, and it's really easy to use.  I found this one HERE, but these kind of frames are available all over the place.

$299
These Bose noise canceling headphones are pretty expensive, but they are so worth it.  Check them out HERE. They can be used with pretty much every media device - laptops, iPods, iPads, iPhones.  They are super comfy and totally block out noisy little monkey people. 

For a traveler:

$24
This map is pretty cool.  You scratch off the places that you have been to, uncovering colorful countries and facts.  It's fun and a great conversation starter.  You can find this HERE

$98

I found this canvas weekender bag in the Sundance catalog and fell in love with it.  It's the perfect size for a spontaneous getaway.  It has lots of pockets, comfy handles and can be used by a guy or a girl.  It can be found HERE

For a wife/girlfriend:

$100

I think most wives would appreciate a piece of jewelry from Tiffany & Co.  This silver heart necklace is simple and pretty and totally affordable.  I wear mine every day.  You can find it HERE.

$79

I saw this wall art in Red Envelope, and thought it was kind of fun for a personalized gift.  You get to choose your own colors, so it really fits anywhere.  Also, it shows your wife that the day you got married really matters to you.  Buy it HERE.

For a husband/boyfriend:

$89
Guys are all about comfort, and this hotel-style waffle robe is sooo comfy.   There's something about watching your guy walking around in a robe, wet hair and smelling clean from a shower... I found it HERE at Pottery Barn, and it's on sale!

$98
Honestly, I don't know too many guys who wear jewelry.  When I saw this leather bracelet cuff thing on etsy, I thought it looked like something a guy's guy wouldn't mind wearing.  It's handmade with cool hammered silver and leather and totally customizable.  I actually like the one shown in the picture, stamped with the latitude and longitude of a special place.  You can also have a phrase or verse stamped, or just a name - just about anything.  Find it HERE.

For a gadget lover:

$179
Alright, now this is pretty cool.  The Slingbox is a gadget that connects to your TV at home and allows you to watch your actual TV from anywhere via the Internet, a tablet or a smart phone.  You'll never miss a show.  The games, movies or programs that you have accumulated on your DVR?  You can watch while you're sitting in traffic, or on the subway or while you're waiting online somewhere.  My brother-in-law has one and absolutely loves it.  You can get it HERE.  

$99
OK, while we're talking about TV, you have to check out the new Apple TV.  It's a little gadget that streams HD movies and TV shows, plays Netflix, YouTube and Vimeo videos.  You can watch MLB and NBA games live or on demand, and also listen to your music and look at your photos from iCloud.  At $99, it is a steal.  You can check it out HERE.

For a gardener:
$20
This is an inexpensive gift that will make any gardener happy.  I sought out this particular little journal after seeing an ad for it in a magazine. It has 5 themed sections to fill in - 5 tabbed sections to personalize - plants and pots information, hardiness zones, garden log, design grids, plant care records and more.  You can find it HERE.

$69

My Dad would love this.  It's a stool and kneeler that makes it comfy to weed, plant or clip and has pockets for some gardening tools.  You can also get it personalized, which is kind of nice.  Check it out HERE.

For a lover of alcohol:
$20
These are whiskey stones.  I thought they were cool looking, I have no idea if they actually work though.  Since I don't drink whiskey.  Apparently, you just freeze the stones (they're soapstone), then put them in your drink.  Obviously they don't melt, so they keep it cold and don't dilute your drink.  Cool, right?  You can get them right HERE

$50

I've seen these around and always thought they looked like fun.  The kit comes with everything you need to make your own beer - about two six packs worth.  I found it online HERE, but I've also seen the kits in gourmet shops right at the mall.

For the pet lover:

$185
So this is different.  Wall art of your pet's blueprint.  You can actually get cats and dogs, and even mixed breeds.  It's pretty pricey, but definitely unique. It's online here.

$45
My kids would love this, since we have no pets.  And since fish don't usually poop on your kitchen floor, I'd almost agree to get one if it could live in this cool fish tank thing.  Anyway, it's a modern fish hotel, and you can add modules to it to make it as big or small as you want.  It comes in a few different colors. I found it online here.


Alright then!  There you have it.  Part one of the list.  This list obviously is for the adults in your life, and I tried to keep it under $100.  Which wasn't all that easy because for some reason, I am drawn like a magnet to really expensive things.  Anyway, part two of the list will focus on the non-adults in your life, the little monkey non-adults.  Those I will do my best to keep at a more manageable 50 bucks or less.  I'll try to post that by the end of the week. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey, those are nice! Are you going to offer them to all your readers like Oprah did and Ellen does to their audience members? LOL

    Seriously, great ideas! Especially the tech stuff that I don't understand but have some guys in the family who would!

    ReplyDelete