Wednesday, December 21, 2011

rambley random stuff

My header is on my nerves.  Actually, I am mad that I changed my blog up, I have to admit it.  Prior to the whole random change up, I had spent hours messing around with html and stuff to do some things that you just can't find in any of the templates.  And shit.  I forgot that I did that!  So when I changed up the template, I lost all of those things that I had done.  Annoying.  Unfortunately that means we have to live with the dumb blog look til I have time to mess around and re-figure it out.  Sorry about that. 


I took Brooke out of school today after her lunch period so we could have a special few hours together to do some Christmasy things.  She wanted to go shopping for her sisters and brother so bad, so we went and did that.  First, we went to this Greek diner that we go to sometimes, and she wrote her idea list out in crayon.   She was so cute when we got to the store, and carefully picked out everything by herself.  Then we stopped on the way home and got a little ice cream cone.  Such a little thing made her so happy, it makes me feel like I need to do that kind of thing more often.  She just kept saying, "This is a great day Mom!"


I can't believe it has been an entire week since I went on a little out-of-nowhere jaunt to Chicago.  That mini two day adventure went so fast and so slow at the same time.  Mostly fast.  Kind of crazy to attempt such a thing a week and a half before Christmas, but whatever.  Chicago was great - misty rainy walks and funky buildings and crazy good food.  I have decided that I love flying.  And I love O'Hare.  If I was going to live in an airport, I would pick O'Hare.  Is that weird?


Is it just me or does everybody's son mention 45 minutes before they need to be somewhere wearing something specific, that the specific thing they need to wear is sitting unwashed in their school locker?  Wtf?  Did I do that when I was fourteen-ish?!  Cod!


Speaking of my son, he might need to shave his upper lip.  I remember being in high school when boys would get that dirt-stache thing going on and I never got why they didn't just accept the facial hair and shave it.  Even though every time I look at Alex thinking he has a light chocolate milk mustache, I feel kind of weird that he should maybe shave. I feel like he is too little...


Morning has been coming kind of fast lately.  It's been dark and cozy and chilly when we have to wake up, and I just cannot seem to accept the time.  Neither can Brooke or Megan actually.  All of a sudden, we've been doing the mad scramble dash thing where somebody runs out the door carrying their shoes under their chin, and with a piece of unbuttered toast hanging out of their mouth for breakfast.  That is not a good thing.  I hate being late.


Did you know that I can get showered, dressed, make-upped and hair done in twenty minutes if I need to?  I don't know why I felt the need to point this amazing feat out, but I am always so impressed with myself when I have to do that, so I decided to share that little bit of info with you.  I'm sure it means as much to you as it does to me.

1 comment:

  1. Jessee, why didn't you ask your Greek diner friends about the Christmas traditions then?!!! Oh, I'm sorry, I shouldn't let our private spats spill over to the blog comments. I want my $100 though, Emily doesn't deserve it!!!

    Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete