Friday, December 2, 2011

five minutes



So, it's Friday.  Which means I am going to post a five minute picture of all of the things that are currently bouncing around in my head.  You're welcome.  Or maybe, sorry.  Because I don't have much of substance in there right now. 
1:45 pm and here I sit at the kitchen table.  I just finished eating this fantastic beet and goat cheese salad.  Oh man, it is so good. I picked up all of the ingredients on my way home from the gym today.  All through my workout, I was thinking about making (and eating) this salad.  A while back when I was in California, I had a salad like it that I loved, so I needed to recreate the awesomeness and found a recipe that was similar.   Pretty close and well worth the effort I must say.  OK, I am almost done talking about salad, I swear, but before I move on I will just tell you that besides beets and goat cheese, it has walnuts and craisins and scallions and balsamic vinegar in it.  Mmmm.  I just made my own mouth water.  Somehow this day just got away from me.  I haven't even had a shower yet and I have no desire to do anything really productive.  Tonight I am going to try to wrap up my Christmas shopping and I wonder if that is a bad idea because you know, three weeks before Christmas.  Weekend night at the mall.  Not sure I am going to be digging the crowds... the waiting, the chaos, the no parking spot thing.  Maybe I will just shop in my pi's from the comfort of my own couch.  I love the Internet.


Time's up!  Happy weekend!


Also, I have a new follower!  So yay!  And Hi!  Thanks for following, I'm glad you're here.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you definitely made me hungry with this post. ;) I have yet to do any shopping for Christmas, but that isn't unusal for me. I usually go the gift card and cash route now that my kids are older.

    ReplyDelete