Wednesday, December 7, 2011

meh

Yow.  It's like, Wednesday and I haven't posted all week.  I actually have written posts, just not posted them.  I'm not sure why.  They might end up being not relevant if I don't get them posted fairly soonish.


I guess I feel like it's been kind of hectic.  I am shocked that Christmas is in two and a half weeks.  WTF?  I feel pretty good about where I am as far as having things done, it's just the little straggling things that always get me stressed.


Tonight Megan told me with a little smirk and giggle that she knows that I'm the tooth fairy.  Then she produced a little baggie with the last tooth she lost that I forgot to sneak out from under her pillow and replace with some cash.  Damn.  I really am a shitty fairy.  Or, maybe not damn.  Because really, she is 10 and a half.  It might be a little goofy if she actually still believed in the tooth fairy.  Right?  I guess I don't really remember when I stopped believing in those kinds of things.


So anyway, she handed me the bag with the tooth in it and said, "Well, since you're our family tooth fairy, you can just give me the money Mom."  And I was like, "Sorry!  But you only get money if you believe."  So she says, "Well you could have told me that before!"  She was being all funny and cute.  Kind of like feeling like a big shot because now we have to be sure to keep Brooke believing in these things.  I need to keep Brooke believing in Santa, because it is so much more fun that way.


Tomorrow I am staying home and not going to any stores.  I am organizing my gift pile and maybe I will even start wrapping.  Because woo.  That can really get overwhelming quick.  I also have to get some things packaged up and ready to get mailed out.


It just so happens to be snowing right now (yay!), so if school gets cancelled (boo!) that will put a serious cramp in my style.  Because I seriously need every alone minute I can get between now and the holidays til I can get situated and comfy with where I am, Christmasly speaking of course.


I also need to read the blogs that I have been falling behind on because that can get overwhelming.  And I can't sit around on the computer too much if the kids are home because then I feel guilty.


Maybe I will go to the store tomorrow.  But only to get stuff for Christmas cookie making.  I am so in the mood to make cookies.  And the snow!  The snow definitely helps me get in the holiday spirit.


I hope we have snow for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment