Tuesday, December 20, 2011

things about me

Five things that you probably don't know about me:
1.  I am extremely critical of myself.
2.  I quit wearing glasses when i was 14 years old, and basically ruined my eyesight.
3.  I can drive a stick shift like a mofo.
4.  I love organizing.  But I love it the best in my mind.
5.  I always strongly consider foster parenting again or adoption.



Five things that I'm knowledgeable about:
1.  Parenting a bunch of kids.  What can I say, I've been doing it for about 22 years.  I have a      
handle on it at this point I think.
2.  Computers, for the most part.  Boring, but true.
3.  Laundry.  I am a laundry expert.  It could possibly be my claim to fame.
4.  Spelling and grammar.  I am a grammar snob.  I am not ashamed.
5.  Building materials.  Weird, I know.  But I pretty much grew up (and worked forever) in a Lumberyard.  Go ahead, ask me about wafer board and paint and trusses and 2x4s.



Before I continue, I would just like to take a moment to say that this is a very sad list.  I had to grasp to come up with things that I could consider myself knowledgeable on.  I need to learn some shit.


Five things that I know nothing about:
1.  Cars.  I can drive.  Kind of.  But i don't get how they work besides the absolute basics.  Fill her up?  Sure.  Put in wiper fluid?  Check. What is a carburetor?  Huh?
2.  Football.  I try to l earn the rules!  I do!  I just don't get the downs and things. I pretty much grasp what a touchdown is, and i know that you get a foul if you grab someone by the face mask (right?), but after that I'm lost.
3.  Hard math.  I can totally do algebra til the cows come home, but try to sit me down in front of anything more difficult than that and I am completely out of my league.  I never did take trig or calculus, i was seriously lucky to have passed geometry.  I think I only passed because my teacher's son had a crush on me.  Go me!
4.  Geography.  Ugh with the school subjects.  I am so not geographically inclined.  I get made fun of for it in my family a lot actually.  Don't ask me geography, for real, unless you want to hear me sound like a dumb blond.
5. Hooking up electronic things.  Like TVs and DVRs and stereos and all of that stuff.  I follow the directions!  But all of those wires eventually just make me feel overloaded and I lose it and end up tossing wrenches and just calling Indi.  Indi is the wizardly sister of mine who can do all things electronically.



Five things that I believe:
1.  I believe that it's really hard and sucky and unfair to have to be on a diet.

2.  I believe that you never fully appreciate your great unflawed young skin til you start getting wrinkles.
3.  I believe that once you try rich man's bacon, you'll never want to go back to the skinny fatty kind.
4.  I believe that that the people that are the most judgemental tend to have a lot of skeletons in their own closets.
5.  I believe that it's actually much more tolerable to talk to certain people with a nice amount of alcohol in my system.

So there you have it.  I'm so into fives lately.  This post is part of the Writers Workshop over at MamaKat's Losin It. Head on over to see the other posts too!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! And, surprise, I can relate to quite a few of them! LOL I'm off to catch up on some of your posts...I love the changes to the blog!

    ReplyDelete