Wednesday, June 8, 2011

violated

So I got pretty violated today at my annual exam.  Dr. Clark and I got so intimate I thought he might offer me a cigarette as he was telling me I could go ahead and get dressed.  And to think I paid for that experience. 

Yeah, so not my favorite place in the world.  But I do love my doctor, actually.  Not in an, "I love you and really do want you to feel me up without your doctor's coat on" kind of way, more like an "I think you're an amazing doctor and I am so grateful that you helped me deliver three healthy little kiddos" way.

Plus he rocks a handlebar mustache, which in itself is a pretty awesome thing.

So anyway, after the  foreplay appointment, I really needed a little retail therapy to get me functional again. And as I was driving over to the mall, I remembered that time that I ran into my first gynecologist at Banana Republic and was mortified because a) he has a life and he shops at Banana Republic?  and b) he's seen me very naked and rather vulnerable in some really unforgiving fluorescent lighting, and here we are, face to face in a clothing store. 

I'm sure I was all shades of red and just got out of there as fast as humanly possible.  Shortly after the run-in, I left that doctor and found Dr. Clark.  So in essence, the embarrassing run in was a good thing, because it forced me to look for a new doc.  See how glass half full I am?  You can always find a bright side.

Speaking of bright sides, whoa.  It is hot out.  It's pretty much 95 degrees right now, and we have got to hit the pool.  Oh I spoke of the weather.  Sorry.  Since I'm not complaining about the heat, I think I get a pass.  I'm merely making an observation, not a complaint.

So, Happy Wednesday guys!  I won't go ahead and post an illustrative picture of my day.  It most definitely would be traumatic for everyone involved.  You can thank me later by coming over and bringing me a raspberry daiquiri.  With whipped cream on top please.

3 comments:

  1. I think one of the reasons we changed churches last time is that I just couldn't concentrate on worshipping in the same room with any man who had seen me in my birthday suit, other than my husband (and even he hasn't seen me in that light and those positions)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna come to the pool! LOL

    Doctors can be a buzz kill but then, when we really need them...at least there IS retail therapy, yes?

    I would be complaining about the heat but I'm sitting inside enjoying the air conditioning, so I won't. This time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. Know just what you mean. I found a lady doc yet I still have to force myself to go there.

    (That's normal, right? It would be a little... weird if I were looking forward to my appointments with her.)

    ReplyDelete