Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A couple of random observations/thoughts

So you know, I just have a couple of random things to share with you today.  OK, we all know that I could probably share way more than a couple of random thoughts.  Alright, let's just be real and say we all know I could share more than a couple and of course, talk about them til we all want to use the gun app.

But hey.  I can't help it.  It's definitely a fault, my long windedness.  I make no apologies.

Incidentally, do you think windedness is a word?  If not, I think I will just go ahead and consider it a word anyway, because it's very fitting, don't you think?

ANYWAY, back to my randoms.  Right.

Don't you think it's crazy how people complain complain complain on facebook all winter long about how cold it is, and how much they miss hot sunny days, and how much they can't stand one more day of this shit! and then all of a sudden, the sun comes out and maybe gets a little hot and everyone now complains about how hot it is?  Like, zomg I am tired of hearing about the weather.  Seriously. Let's all facebook status about something else for a change.  Please?

My husband called me a carpenter's dream the other day and I couldn't decide whether to be excited about that or offended.  Because without sounding a little TMI-ish, I have never been called anything remotely close to a carpenter's dream, like ever since sixth grade.  And I always wanted to be a carpenter's dream.  Somehow, in a pleasing turn of events, adding the morning walk and losing the coffee caused me to drop a few pounds, and I think I might have accidentally dropped a bra size.  Woo Hoo!  or, Crap!  I still haven't made up my mind yet.

OK, I never watch award shows, but since there is nothing to watch on freaking TV lately, I resorted to half-assedly watching the MTV award thing that gives out the popcorn statues.  And by the way, WTF are you supposed to do with a popcorn statue anyway?  Do you really want to put that in your fancy award cabinet to display?  I mean, does it have to be a popcorn statue?  Not that there is anything wrong with popcorn because I am definitely a fan.  Butter and salt please.  So, my observation is not necessarily about the dumb statues, but more about the fact that Rob Pattinson said fuck before they could bleep him out and it was hilarious.  He did sound a little drunk on more then one occasion, which I was mildly amused about, but he said fuck.  I love when an occasional swear word slips through the cracks.  I just picture all of the bleeper people freaking out, running around going, "Shit!  He said fuck!  What do we dooo?!" 

What are the bleeper people called anyway?  Does anyone really know?  Do you think they have an actual job title?

(Wait.  Guys, this is my brain.  I'm sorry.  Welcome to it.)  

And speaking of Rob Pattinson, am I the only one who is ridiculously looking forward to some Twilight saga action?  I really can't wait to see the next movie.  I might go all by myself even, the day it comes out.  The last time I went to a movie by myself, that stupid jackass ticket taker wouldn't let me bring my sandwich in.  He checked my bag!  Can you believe that??   So I had to stuff my sandwich down the back of my pants.  Along with a cheese stick, a water bottle, a handful of fireballs AND some mini rice cakes may have made their way conveniently down my bra.  Which was rather impressive if I do say so myself.  And really I had to give him a dirty look when I came back through the line looking um, a little lumpy.  And I wanted to say eff you but I controlled myself.  Anyway, I am happy to go alone to the movie so I can focus on Edward/Rob.  And then I will happily go again with anyone who may want to join me for a second viewing.  And I will be sure to bring an entire lunch down my pants again, if necessary.

And finally, I love Lady Gaga.  I'm sorry, I know she wears meat dresses and that's really weird.  But I just think she is so cool.  My only problem is I don't even know what to call her, if we ever happened to cross paths.  Hey Gaga?  Hey Lady?  It just doesn't roll off of the tongue really.

So yeah.  That's it.

5 comments:

  1. I think that R Patz is one of the most unattractive men ever. I just don't get the appeal! But if there are steamy sex scenes in this one, I am in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Team Edward! I too can't wait for the next movie. I also love when swear words slip through. It feels naughty and fun! Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still love you to pieces, girlie, but we do NOT share similar tastes in entertainment! I don't even know where MTV is in the line-up, all I know about Lady Gaga is that she dresses like a hooker, and I steer clear of any and all vampires! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ... and I would never be able to make myself type the *f-word*! See? I just can't do it! Even in your comments which my mother is unlikely to ever see! :)

    ReplyDelete