Thursday, June 23, 2011

double digits

Today is Megan's 10th birthday. 


TEN.  Wow.  It feels like yesterday when this little girl came out crying, and crying, and crying with her pouty little lips and soft dark hair.  And though I was loopy on some excellent meds, I remember thinking to myself, who in the heck does she look like? 


Poor little one was a few weeks early, and I don't think she was quite ready to make her debut. 



Meg was definitely tied for my easiest, calmest kid.  Such a thoughtful observer, so sweet and sincere, and loving.  She would literally, and I am not kidding, play happily alone for hours with her dollhouse, reading, doing art and other creative things. 



And now, in the double digits.  She makes me smile every day with her intelligent humor.   She is such a good and patient sister. She loves books and art and riding bikes, history, swimming, baking and playing outdoors and she just reminds me so much of myself growing up, minus the mischievous naughtiness of course.



I sure do love this ten year old girl of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment